After having take-out for lunch twice this week, I was craving something healthy. I went to the local grocery store and picked out some ingredients for a salad. When I came home, I started putting away my purchases and noticed some leftover hummus from a batch I made earlier this week. So, I decided to create a vegan hummus wrap instead of a salad. It is simple, involves minimal prep time, very healthy, and absolutely delicious!
Ingredients in Vegan Hummus Wrap
This recipe is so easy and requires only a few ingredients:
- hummus - I used my homemade smooth and creamy hummus. I highly recommend that you make your own.
- tortilla wrap - I used a spinach tortilla wrap for extra flavour.
- vegetables and greens - I filled this wrap up with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes and avocado.
- seasonings - I seasoned this with salt and pepper.
It's also completely customizable, so you can alter the recipe and add any other ingredients that you like or substitute any of the above ingredients. As a suggestion, carrots, cucumber and alfalfa sprouts make great additions to this wrap. If I had some on hand, I would have also included those.
I also like to shred some of favourite smoked gouda cheese on top. But to keep the wrap completely vegan this time, I have left it out.
How to Make a Vegan Hummus Wrap
- Spread on hummus. Spread the hummus into a long rectangular shape down the centre of the tortilla wrap.
- Add veggies. Layer the sliced avocado and tomato on top.
- Add greens. Top up with spinach and mixed greens.
- Add seasonings. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap it up. Wrap the tortilla into a burrito shape and fold in the sides. Cut it in the middle and serve.