Vegan hummus wrap is a quick easy lunch made in minutes with a handful of fresh ingredients. This delicious veggie wrap is healthy, fresh, nutritious.
- 1 wheat tortilla
- 1/2 cup hummus (or more as desired)
- 1 mini cucumber, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 1 cup mixed salad blend, baby spinach and mixed greens
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh alfalfa or microgreens (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Spread the hummus into a long rectangular shape down the centre of the tortilla wrap.
- Next, layer the sliced cucumber, tomato, and avocado on top.
- Top up with mixed greens and alfalfa or microgreens (if using).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap the tortilla into a burrito shape and fold in the sides. Then, cut it in the middle and serve.
Warm the tortilla: If you are using cold refrigerated tortillas, I would recommend bringing them to room temperature first or warming them for a few seconds in the microwave to make them easier to work with.
How to store: Veggie hummus wraps are best served fresh. You can store them in the fridge for up to 2 days. But note that the tomatoes will start to make the tortillas soggy. The longer you store it, the soggier the tortilla will get. Store them in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in aluminum foil.
Make ahead tips: To prepare these veggie wraps ahead of time, I would suggest chopping up any ingredients so that you can assemble the wrap very quickly. You can also make homemade hummus up to a week ahead of time or use store-bought — whatever it more convenient for you.
Grilling option: You can add a little crispiness to these hummus wraps by popping it into a sandwich press, grill pan, or toaster oven for a minute to two to get it nice and toasty.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Wrap
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: hummus wrap, vegan wrap, vegan hummus wrap, vegan sandwich, hummus veggie wrap, vegetarian wrap