When it comes to the most indulgent desserts, it's all about chocolate. Chocolate dessert recipes are rich, fudgy, satisfying, and irresistible. From cakes to cookies to brownies, chocolate makes everything better. It's seriously the best ingredient to bake with. So if you are wondering "what to make with chocolate", then you are in the right place. We are sharing over 45 of our most popular and best chocolate desserts including chocolate cakes and cupcakes, chocolate cookies, brownies, chocolate mousse, chocolate chip cookies, white chocolate desserts, and more!
Best Chocolate Desserts
Molten chocolate lava cakes are rich and fudgy with a classic gooey chocolate center that flows out like lava. So simple and easy to make.
Chocolate covered strawberries are fancy, decadent, bite-sized treats that are loved by all. They are so simple and easy to make at home.
Moist chocolate cupcakes topped with chocolate buttercream frosting and sprinkles, are a chocolate triple threat. They're rich, decadent, sweet, and easy to make.
Dark chocolate raspberry truffles are so much easier to make than you think. It's as simple as combining quality chocolate, cream, raspberry jam, and cocoa.
Fudgy brownies are rich, sweet, moist, and decadent. Plus, they're easy to make in one bowl (meaning less cleanup!) and ready in about 30 minutes.
Chocolate and vanilla marble cake is delicious, moist, fluffy with the perfect golden brown crust. With two classic cake flavors, this loaf cake has it all.
Chocolate-covered peanut butter eggs with a hard chocolate shell on the outside and a soft peanut butter interior inside are rich, sweet, and delicious.
Easy to make and decorate, bite-sized chocolate cake pops are packed with chocolate and sprinkles are the perfect treat.
Chocolate zucchini cake is moist, fluffy, and delicious. Loaded with fresh zucchini for a burst of nutrition, and topped with a homemade cream cheese icing.
Soft tender chewy chocolate crinkle cookies are a classic Christmas cookie that tastes like a rich fudgy brownie with a crackly crust and coated in powdered sugar.
Nutella mousse cups are rich, creamy, airy, and delicious. No bake and whipped together in just minutes with a few ingredients before it's ready to chill.
Easter Bark is the perfect chocolate treat — sweet, rich, and pretty, loaded with chocolate mini eggs and sprinkles. It's a quick and easy no bake recipe.
This fudgy double chocolate loaf cake is delicious, moist, and rich. It's easy to make with a quick one-bowl batter that's ready for the oven in 10 minutes.
Flourless banana brownies are rich, fudgy, moist, delicious, and gluten-free. Make this quick and easy dessert is ready in just 30 minutes.
Peppermint hot chocolate classifies as dessert, right? This delicious rich hot chocolate is made with crushed candy canes that melt to give a delicious festive peppermint flavour. Top it with whipped cream and more crushed candy canes.
Caramel cheesecake brownies are totally indulgent and worth the effort, so toss that prepared brownie mix away and bake this with a few easy ingredients.
Shortbread and chocolate are a match made in heaven. Cut our these cookies into any shape that you like and dip in chocolate.
Caramel brownies are rich, moist, and decadent. Baked from the thickest and indulgent chocolate batter and topped with a homemade creamy caramel sauce.
Holiday yule log cake (Bûche de Noël) with a chocolate sponge cake, whipped cream filling, and whipped chocolate ganache coating is a classic Christmas dessert.
Chocolate and peppermint Christmas bark is the perfect no bake Christmas dessert to make this holiday season for your family and friends.
Nothing says fall better than a classic and traditional caramel apples. Dip them in chocolate and nuts for a fun treat.
Best Chocolate Chip Desserts
Homemade chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy, have perfectly crisp edges, and are loaded with chocolate chips. This classic cookie is quick and easy.
Soft and moist, small batch chocolate chip pumpkin bread is the easiest fall treat, packed with fall flavours of warm pumpkin spice, pumpkin, and chocolate.
M&M cookie bars are soft and chewy, have crisp edges with a gooey center, and are loaded with M&M's and chocolate chips. The easiest way to bake cookies!
Fluffy soft and moist, these are the best banana chocolate chip muffins ever. Prep this easy one bowl recipe in less than 10 minutes with a few ingredients.
Italian rainbow cookies are delicious, colorful, fluffy, and gorgeous, made with three cake layers sandwiched in between jam and covered in chocolate.
Soft and chewy peanut butter blossoms topped with a chocolate kiss are a classic Christmas cookie that is easy to make during the holidays or any time of year.
These perfectly soft, chewy and a little crumby chocolate chunk peanut butter cookies literally melts in your mouth. Make them in under 20 minutes.
Grab a tall glass of milk and start dipping the best homemade, soft-centered, chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies you will ever try.
Chocolate chip zucchini muffins are moist, fluffy, and delicious. They are made healthier with fresh zucchini and yogurt which also adds amazing texture.
Brown butter oatmeal chocolate chip banana bread cookie bites are thick, fluffy, pillowy, cake-like little bites of banana bread heaven.
Thick, fluffy, chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies is when pumpkin bread meets chocolate chip cookies. These no chill cookies are ready in under 20 minutes.
Best White Chocolate Desserts
Soft and chewy white chocolate cranberry cookies are golden brown with crisp edges, quick and easy, and freeze well — the perfect holiday cookie.
The cutest bite-sized treat to serve at any event are vanilla cake pops from scratch -- luckily, they are actually simple and easy to make.
No bake gingerbread truffles with white chocolate are easy to make with just 3 simple ingredients including leftover gingersnaps. Perfect for the holidays.
Cute raspberry and white chocolate heart-shaped shortbread cookies literally melt in your mouth. They are the perfect Mother's Day treat.
Carrot cake biscotti is crunchy, crumbly, and satisfies all your carrot cake cravings. Enjoy these Italian cookies as is or with white chocolate.
Peppermint snowball cookies are a buttery, nutty, shortbread holiday cookie that is topped with white chocolate and crushed candy canes. So festive!
Soft and warmly spiced gingerbread linzer cookies with white chocolate ganache and dusted with confectioners' sugar is a delicious Christmas holiday cookie.
Carrot cake shortbread cookies are sweet and buttery, packed with carrots and walnuts, and spiced like your favourite carrot cake. A total treat.
More Dessert Recipes
- 50 Best Cookie Recipes
- 50 Best Cake Recipes
- 25 Easy Pie Recipes
- 40 Best Summer Desserts
- 50 Best Fall Desserts
Did You Make Any of These Chocolate Dessert Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of the best chocolate dessert recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Over 45 best chocolate desserts including chocolate recipes for cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, mousse, chocolate chips, and white chocolate desserts. One of my favorite recipes are these molten chocolate lava cakes.
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (or 1 cup chocolate chips), coarsely chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Grease four 6-oz. ramekins or three 8-oz. ramekins with non-stick cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder, tapping out the excess cocoa powder. This will help the lava cakes come out easily when inverted.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium heat-proof bowl and set aside to allow it to slightly cool. You can melt the chocolate either on the stove or in the microwave.
- On the stove: Bring 2 inches of water to a low simmer in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Then turn the heat to low and place medium heatproof bowl of chocolate with butter on the mouth of the pot. Make sure that there is a gap of a few inches in between the bottom of the bowl and the water (You can also place a bowl on a steamer attachment on top of your pot). Stir the chocolate constantly as it melts. Stir until the chocolate is completely smooth and melted. This should take a few minutes.
- In the microwave: The second way to melt chocolate (and an easier way) is in the microwave. Place the medium heatproof bowl of chocolate and butter into the microwave and microwave in 20 second intervals. Remove the bowl at each interval and stir well. Repeat until the chocolate has completely melted. Stir until completely smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer or a whisk to beat together the eggs, egg yolks, vanilla extract, sugar, and salt, on low speed, until combined, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the melted chocolate into the egg mixture, along with the flour. Use a rubber spatula and fold it in until fully combined. Note that the batter will be thick but should not be lumpy.
- Place the ramekins on a quarter sheet baking pan and divide the batter between them. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges look solid and firm. The tops will still be soft with a slight jiggle in the center. Do not overcook as overcooking will cause the center to completely solidify and not be gooey. If you are not sure how hot your oven runs, I suggest making one first to test. If it has solidified too much, then adjust the bake time lower. Mine turns out perfect at exactly 12 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the ramekins for 1 minute, then cover each with an inverted plate and use an oven mitt to flip them over and release the cakes onto the plate.
- Add toppings (such as a scoop of vanilla ice cream, dusting with powdered sugar, garnishing with fresh fruit, or a drizzle of salted caramel sauce or chocolate sauce). Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 45 best chocolate desserts, best chocolate desserts, chocolate dessert recipes, desserts with chocolate,