There is just something about good old homemade, chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies that is so hard to resist. But when you starting talking about the best chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, there is no control. I’m talking about thick, soft-centered, oozing with chocolate, oatmeal cookies that will have you grabbing seconds with no hesitation.
I previously shared with you the best soft and chewy peanut butter cookies and due to popular demand, I had to share my take on another classic and irresistible cookie. These chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are super easy to make. They take 10 minutes to whip up and another 12-14 minutes to bake, which means they are super kid-friendly. Basically, they make the perfect Christmas eve cookies to leave for Santa.
The only problem with these cookies is that you can’t just eat one. I already ate 3 and have packed 3 for work tomorrow. I packed up the rest for my hubby to take into work to share with his co-workers because I know if I take them in to work, I will end up eating most of them. So basically, do not make these cookies if you are trying to diet. But in all seriousness, who really diets in the winter anyways? Fall and winter are all about yummy comfort foods, including warm, chocolatey cookies! Excuse me while I go pour myself a tall glass of milk (and grab another cookie).
Grab a tall glass of milk and start dipping the best homemade, soft-centered, chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies you will ever try!
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or less to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar using a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the flour, oats, baking soda and salt and beat on low until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into 1 inch balls and place onto a lined or ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack or eat right out of the oven!
Did you love these cookies? You may also love the best soft and chewy peanut butter cookies.