When the weather gets cooler, soup is always the first thing that comes to mind when I am looking for something to eat. But, sometimes you want to turn it into a complete meal that is filling and wholesome. So, if you are wondering "what to serve with soup", then you are in the right place. We are sharing over 25 of the most popular and best side dishes for soup including crusty breads, grilled cheese sandwiches, salads, finger foods, and more.
Best Side Dishes for Soup
Soft garlic breadsticks are fluffy, airy, buttery, and delicious. They're an easy recipe that is perfect for beginners at baking bread.
Grilled cheese roll ups are a fun twist on a classic grilled cheese that gives you a hot handheld lunch to enjoy. They're kid-friendly and easy to make.
Classic Caesar Salad is fresh, crisp, delicious, and flavorful. With three simple ingredients tossed in a creamy Caesar dressing, it's ready in minutes.
Pigs in a blanket from scratch are a delicious and easy appetizer or snack to make for your next party or gathering — juicy, cheesy, flaky, and buttery.
Baked Sweet Potato Wedges are crispy, delicious, flavorful. Serve as an appetizer or side dish. They are salty, savory, and sweet, with a hint of spice.
Cheesy Garlic Bread is toasty and crispy on the outside, tender and soft inside with a garlic butter and melty cheese on top. Make in under 20 minutes!
Fried mac and cheese balls are crispy on the outside, creamy and cheesy on the inside, and have the perfect crunch. Best way to use leftover mac and cheese. One of our most popular party foods!
Garlic knots are fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside, and topped with delicious savory garlic herbed butter that will have you begging for more.
Take your grilled cheese game to the next level with Roasted Broccoli Grilled Cheese Sandwich made with broccoli, red peppers, cheddar, and mozzarella.
This Sweet Kale Salad is loaded with hearty greens, veggies, and homemade poppy seed dressing — inspired by the Taylor Farms salad kit from Costco.
Spinach cheese rolls are an easy appetizer that's creamy, cheesy, comforting, and delicious. Serve as an appy at parties, for a school lunch, or snack.
Zucchini Bites are savory balls that are loaded with fresh zucchini. They're quick and easy to make in under 30 minutes in the air fryer or oven.
Tomato bruschetta with balsamic glaze is an easy Italian appetizer topped with tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil and olive oil. Delicious, fresh and simple.
Easy small batch ciabatta rolls are fluffy and airy with a perfect crunchy, crackly crust. They take only 10 minutes to prepare and require no kneading.
Quick easy pita grilled cheese is loaded with Mediterranean flavors of spinach, olive, and sun-dried tomato stuffed inside pita bread with cheddar cheese.
Arugula salad with apple and pecan is a quick and easy fall salad made with fresh seasonal ingredients in just minutes. Perfect for a holiday dinner table.
Vegetarian quesadillas are quick and easy, completely customizable, loaded with veggies and beans. Serve this kid-friendly Mexican meal for a snack, lunch, or dinner.
Homemade Greek fries bring a Mediterranean twist on a classic side dish, crispy fries are topped with crumbled feta cheese, fresh parsley, and lime juice.
Crunchy, cheesy, and paired with an awesome dipping sauce, these baked mozzarella sticks are just as amazing as what you would find in a restaurant.
Flaky Garlic Cheddar Biscuits are a simple but delicious and flavorful no yeast bread that is ready for the oven with less than 15 minutes prep.
Get your hands on pantry staple canned tuna and make a delicious, crunchy tuna melt grilled cheese sandwich in less than 10 minutes! It's so tasty and easy!
The perfect Greek salad with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, green peppers, romaine lettuce, olives and feta cheese tossed in a lemon vinaigrette.
Easy pepperoni pizza rolls are crispy on the bottom, tender and chewy inside, packed with pepperoni and cheese, and baked until bubbly. One of my favorite finger foods!
Zucchini fritters are crispy outside, tender inside, and loaded with zucchini. These healthy bites are one of my favorite ways to use up summer zucchini.
Whipped ricotta crostini is a fancy easy appetizer to make in just minutes or prepare in advance and assemble before serving. A total crowd pleaser.
Fresh, crisp, classic coleslaw salad is a must-have recipe for a summer barbecue or picnic, or as an easy make-ahead lunch. Make it in less than 10 minutes.
The best quick and easy salted soft pretzels are buttery, salty, and so delicious. They are golden brown and chewy on the outside, yet warm and soft inside.
More Side Dish Recipes
- 25 Side Dishes for Chicken
- 25 Side Dishes for Steak
- 40 Vegetable Side Dishes
- 25 Side Dishes for Salmon
- 25 Side Dishes for Pork Chops
- 30 Potato Side Dishes
Did You Make Any of These Side Dishes for Soup?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of side dish recipes to serve with soup. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Over 25 side dishes for soup including crusty breads, grilled cheese sandwiches, salads, and finger foods for when you're wondering what to serve with soup. One of our favorite side dishes for soup are these Garlic Breadsticks.
- 240 grams water (1 cup), lukewarm
- 6 grams active dry yeast or instant yeast (2 teaspoons)
- 4 grams sugar or honey (1 teaspoon)
- 375 grams all-purpose flour (3 cups)
- 6 grams salt (1 teaspoon)
- 40 grams olive oil (3 tablespoons)
For the topping:
- 2-3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Prepare the dough (first rise):
- In a small mixing bowl, add yeast and sugar in water and stir well until dissolved. Sugar and water activates yeast in a few minutes and the mixture should start to bubble and develop a yeasty aroma.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour and salt. Pour in the wet yeast mixture and olive oil and mix with a silicone spatula until fully combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl (there should be no dry flour particles visible).
- Knead the dough on a clean surface for 5-10 minutes until it turns into a smooth dough ball. You can also mix the dough in a stand mixer on medium speed for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough ball back into the bowl and cover with plastic cling wrap. Let it rise at room temperature for 1 hour until doubled in size.
Shape the dough:
- Flatten the dough into an approximately 9x12-inch rectangle. Use a bench scraper or pizza cutter to divide it into 12 equal pieces.
- Gently roll each piece into a 9-inch rope and arrange on a parchment-lined half sheet baking pan, evenly spaced 1-inch apart.
- Cover the baking sheet loosely with plastic cling wrap and let the dough rise until almost doubled in size, about 45 minutes depending on the room temperature.
Bake the breadsticks:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together melted butter, garlic powder, salt flakes, and Italian seasoning, Use a silicone brush to gently brush the mixture evenly over each breadstick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. If you like your breadsticks extra crispy, bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Let the breadsticks cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve on its own, with marinara sauce for dipping, or with a bowl of soup.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Rise Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 25 side dishes for soup, soup side dishes, soup sides, what to serve with soup, how to serve soup