This Cranberry Sauce Parfait is a light, creamy, and delightful breakfast or dessert that can be enjoyed anytime, but especially during the holidays. It’s made with layers of creamy Greek yogurt, tart cranberry sauce, and crunchy granola topped with a drizzle of honey for a sweet finish.
Cranberry sauce is a must-have for Thanksgiving dinner and other holiday meals, and this easy parfait recipe is a great way to enjoy any leftovers in a completely different form. The tartness of the cranberry sauce provides a nice contrast with the creamy yogurt and sweet, crunchy granola, giving you a unique and amazing texture and flavor experience. Creamy, tart, and crunchy all in one bite, this cranberry-based treat is not only beautiful to look at, but also a delight to eat.
Why You'll Love this Cranberry Sauce Parfait
- So simple and quick. Anybody can make this leftover cranberry sauce parfait, and it’s ready to eat in just 5 minutes! It’s perfect for busy mornings or when you need a quick dessert after dinner. It’s definitely an easy, delicious treat that everyone will love!
- Perfect for leftovers. This yogurt parfait is a great way to use up leftover cranberry sauce from the holidays, and it tastes just as good, maybe even better. You can even make it a few hours ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Customizable. Switch up the ingredients or add more toppings to make it your own. Get creative by trying different flavors of yogurt, adding a layer of whipped cream, swapping out granola for various nuts, or topping with some fresh fruit, shredded coconut, mint leaves, or even shaved dark chocolate.
- Healthy and delicious. Greek yogurt is a great source of protein, and granola is packed with healthy fats and fiber. Plus, this cranberry parfait is sweetened with just a touch of honey (and only if you want!) for a light and delicious dessert that won’t leave you feeling guilty afterwards.
To make this easy Cranberry Sauce Parfait, you will need the following ingredients (full measurements in recipe card below):
- Greek yogurt - any plain Greek yogurt will work for this recipe. But you can also use regular or homemade yogurt.
- cranberry sauce - use a store-bought sauce or make your own with this easy make-ahead cranberry sauce recipe.
- granola - we used our homemade granola, but any kind you have on hand is perfect. You can even use store-bought granola, but make sure to check the label for added sugars if you are looking out for that.
- honey - cranberry sauce is already typically quite sweet so adding a drizzle of honey is optional. I recommend using it if you need an extra touch of sweetness.
You will also need measuring cups and spoons and dessert glasses.
How to Make the Best Cranberry Sauce Parfait
- Assemble. In a small dessert glass, add ¼ cup of yogurt to the bottom. Add 3 tablespoons of cranberry sauce. Add 2 tablespoons of granola over top. Repeat with another layer of ¼ cup yogurt, a tablespoon of cranberry sauce, and top with a granola.
- Add sweetness. For extra sweetness, add a drizzle of honey on top (if needed).
- Repeat. Repeat with remaining 3 dessert cups.
- Use vanilla Greek yogurt. For those who don’t like the tang of regular Greek yogurt, use vanilla flavored instead.
- Add fruits. Berries, bananas, kiwi, or any other fruit of your choice can be added on top of the parfait before serving. Customize the parfait to whatever fruit is in season or easy for you to find at the local market.
- Mix in spices. Add some cinnamon or nutmeg to the yogurt layer for a warm, comforting flavor that is perfect for fall.
- Top with nuts. Gently toast some hazelnuts, almonds, or walnuts and sprinkle them over the top of the parfait for a crunchy addition.
- Use flavored granola. If you don’t have plain granola on hand, try using a flavored variety like pumpkin pie granola, coconut maple, or gingerbread granola.
How to Serve
Serve this delicious Cranberry Sauce Parfait on its own, or with other holiday meals, beverages, and desserts. We like serving it for breakfast or brunch along with these fall favorites:
- Cinnamon Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Deviled Eggs
- Gingerbread French Toast Casserole
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Arugula Salad with Apple and Pecan
- Oat Porridge
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Add granola topping right before serving. Granola will get soggy if it sits for too long, so add the topping just before serving for that crunchy texture.
- Store in mason jars. If you don’t plan to serve this right away, store the parfait in mason jars for an easy grab-and-go snack or dessert.
- Use low-sugar cranberry sauce. Cranberry sauce can be super sugary, so opt for one with less sugar or make your own to keep it healthier. Check out my homemade recipe here.
Storing and Freezing Instructions
How to Store
If you’re using dessert glasses, cover them with plastic cling wrap and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also use mason jars with lids for better storage.
How to Freeze
Place the parfait in a freezer-safe container with a cover or lid and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the fridge before topping with granola, honey, and other desired ingredients.
More Cranberry Sauce Recipes
- 15 Leftover Cranberry Sauce Recipes
- Cranberry Sauce Oat Bars
- Cranberry Brie Bites
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce Muffins
- Cranberry Sauce Swirl Pound Cake
- Cranberry Baked Brie
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1-1 ½ cups granola
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional, if needed)
- In a small dessert glass, add ¼ cup of yogurt to the bottom. Add 3 tablespoons of cranberry sauce. Add 2 tablespoons of granola over top.
- Repeat with another layer of ¼ cup yogurt, a tablespoon of cranberry sauce, and top with a granola.
- For extra sweetness, add a drizzle of honey on top (if needed).
- Repeat with remaining 3 dessert cups.
How to store:. If you’re using dessert glasses, cover them with plastic cling wrap and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also use mason jars with lids for better storage.
How to freeze: Place the parfait in a freezer-safe container with a cover or lid and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the fridge before topping with granola, honey, and other desired ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry sauce parfait, yogurt parfait with cranberry sauce, leftover cranberry sauce parfait