Air fryer vegetables are healthy, flavorful, and delicious. This vegan side dish is quick and easy to make in the air fryer in under 15 minutes. Simply prep and chop your veggies, season them, and pop into the air fryer and let it do its thing. Plus, you can completely customize it with any vegetables that you have on hand. It's a go-to side dish for busy weeknights, but tastes good enough to serve on a fancy occasion.
Why You'll Love Air Fryer Vegetables
- Quick and easy to make. One of my favorite things about our air fryer is that it makes cooking so much easier. And these air fryer vegetables are no exception. You literally mix together your ingredients and throw it in, then let the air fryer do the work.
- Loaded with flavor with a few ingredients. You won't believe that just a few simple ingredients can result in vegetables that are flavorful and delicious. The combination of balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper is all it takes! You might never roast your veggies in any way...
- It's so much faster than roasting. These air fryer vegetables take just 15 minutes to cook in the air fryer (even less if you are making a small batch). Roasted veggies in the oven (like these Roasted Spring Vegetables) can take up to twice as long.
- Air fryer = minimal clean up. This is an air fryer recipe, which means that clean up is minimal. Since everything cooks in the air fryer, you only have to clean the mixing bowl and wipe down the air fryer after it has cooled.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this delicious Air Fryer Vegetables, you will need an air fryer and the following ingredients (full quantities in recipe card below):
- spring vegetables - I used cauliflower, zucchini, asparagus, and shiitake mushrooms. You can also substitute with any other vegetables that you have on hand.
- fresh garlic
- olive oil
- seasoning - Italian seasoning, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
The best part is that air fryer veggies are completely customizable. Don't have these vegetables on hand? Or want to add in something else? You totally can. Try this recipe with carrots, broccoli, and brussels sprouts. Just make sure that the veggies are all cut into similar pieces to ensure even cooking.
How to Make the Best Air Fryer Vegetables
- Combine ingredients. Add vegetables to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Toss to combine until well coated.
- Air Fry. Arrange the vegetables in the air fryer basket. Bake at for 30 to 35 minutes until tender and golden brown. Gently shake the sheet pan halfway through baking to ensure even cooking.
- For very crispy vegetables, arrange them in a single layer and cook in batches.
How to Serve
Serve Air Fryer Vegetables as a side dish with your favorite entrees such as:
- Dutch Oven Whole Roast Chicken
- Instant Pot Whole Turkey
- Garlic Butter Salmon
- Ribeye Steak
- Garlic Shrimp Skewers
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken
More Vegetable Air Fryer Recipes
- 25 Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Vegetable Stir Fry with Tofu
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Air fryer vegetables are healthy, flavorful, and delicious. This vegan side dish is quick and easy to make in the air fryer in under 15 minutes.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1.5-inch pieces
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- In a large mixing bowl, add cauliflower, zucchini, asparagus, shiitake mushrooms, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine until well coated.
- Transfer seasoned vegetables to air fryer basket. Air fry at 375F for 15 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through cooking.
- For crispier vegetables, arrange them in a single layer and cook in batches.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American