Wondering how to cook turkey for dinner? When it comes to making something delicious, lean, and healthy, turkey usually comes to mind. Whether you are looking to roast a whole turkey, cook turkey breast, or use up that package of ground turkey that you just picked up from the grocery store, we’ve got you covered. We are sharing over 35 of the best turkey recipes including roast turkey, instant pot turkey, slow cooker turkey, turkey meatballs, turkey pasta, leftover recipes, and more poultry recipes.
Whole Turkey Recipes
Best and Juiciest Roast Turkey
The best and juiciest roast turkey cooks faster that traditional methods and requires no brining. It's so tender and juicy every time. And use the giblets and drippings to make delicious homemade turkey gravy.
Asian five-spice roast turkey is tender and juicy, marinated with a delicious flavourful Asian rub and has a crispy brown skin. The perfect holiday dinner.
Instant pot whole turkey is a tender, juicy, and delicious holiday main. Ready in under 2 hours, it's the fastest and easiest way to cook a whole turkey!
Turkey Breast Recipes
Easy juicy roasted turkey breast is the perfect holiday dinner, minus the headache…tender meat, crispy skin, and a layer of roasted onions. Serve it with easy 2-ingredient gravy made with the drippings.
Baked turkey parmesan with a delicious, crispy, breaded coating covered in a rich homemade tomato sauce and topped with melted mozzarella and parmesan.
Soft, tender and juicy slow cooker turkey breast with the crispiest skin and fresh fall herbs is the easiest way to cook a turkey this holiday season. Serve it with make ahead cranberry sauce.
Instant pot turkey breast is the most tender and juicy turkey you’ll ever try. It's so easy to make in the pressure cooker and requires little prep.
Soy Glazed Braised Turkey Breast with Five-Spice
Soy glazed braised turkey breast with Asian five-spice is moist, tender, succulent and the juiciest turkey ever with browned and crispy skin. So flavourful. Serve it with delicious cornbread stuffing.
Instant pot turkey roast with homemade gravy is easy to prepare in minutes, the fastest way to cook turkey, and delivers flavorful, juicy, tender turkey.
Tender juicy Asian sesame soy turkey roast is a creative take on a holiday classic, packed with sweet, salty, and savoury umami flavours in every bite.
Ground Turkey Recipes
Sweet chili turkey meatballs are delicious, tender and juicy, loaded with classic Thai flavors, and quick and easy to make. Savory, sweet, and tangy.
Ground turkey pasta bake is an easy yet impressive meal that is cozy, comforting, and satisfying. A family-friendly casserole dinner ready in 45 minutes.
Ground Turkey Soup is hearty, nourishing, and healthy. Loaded with protein and veggies, this Italian soup is packed with flavor and is super filling.
Mediterranean turkey burgers are tender, juicy, and delicious, loaded with garlic, fresh dill, and lemon juice. The perfect summer weeknight meal.
Thai Turkey Meatballs in Coconut Curry
Thai turkey meatballs in coconut curry are the perfect weeknight dinner when you want something delicious, healthy, flavorful, and satisfying.
Turkey chili is hearty, filling, flavorful, and delicious. It's warm and cozy, quick and easy to make in one pot, and can be made faster in the instant pot.
When it comes to weeknight menu planning, baked turkey meatballs reign supreme. Say hello to dinner ready in under 20 minutes from prep to table!
Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
Greek-style spinach and feta turkey burgers are tender, juicy, and flavourful, loaded with spinach, feta and fresh Mediterranean herbs + so easy to prep.
Delicious, moist and juicy Mediterranean chicken patties have everything you want in one bite: protein, veggies, herbs, and they're quick and easy to make. Made with ground turkey, but you can easily substitute with ground turkey.
Turkey Thigh and Drumstick Recipes
Instant pot turkey thighs are tender, juicy, and delicious. Perfect for a small holiday dinner or weeknight dinner with little effort and 10 minutes prep.
Roasted Turkey Legs with Vegetables
Tender, succulent and flavourful, easy roasted turkey legs with crispy skin and vegetables is a complete wholesome turkey dinner and family favourite. It's perfect over a side of creamy mashed potatoes.
Leftover Turkey Recipes
Turkey Tetrazzini with Spinach
Creamy leftover turkey tetrazzini with spinach is a simple, easy and delicious pasta recipe that is comforting, creamy and cheesy. It's a family favourite.
Leftover Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
Leftover turkey stuffed peppers are a nutritious, wholesome and healthy dinner that you can throw together easily and quickly. A total crowd-pleaser and delicious Thanksgiving leftover recipe.
Creamy turkey gnocchi soup is the ultimate comfort food — creamy, rich, and delicious, made with good carbs, clean protein, and veggies in 25 minutes.
Leftover turkey fried rice with turkey, fluffy rice, scrambled eggs, vegetables, and classic Asian seasonings is a one skillet meal made in just 10 minutes.
Wholesome hearty one pot leftover turkey wild rice soup is the most comforting way to use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving turkey dinner. So easy to make.
Quick easy buffalo turkey wraps with homemade buffalo sauce are flavorful, spicy, and delicious. A healthy lunch that will keep you full until dinner.
Leftover turkey potato chowder is a creamy, savory, and delicious soup that is loaded with holiday leftovers. Quick and easy, ready in under 30 minutes.
Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich with Cranberry Sauce
Looking for comfort food in a hand-held serving? You got it! Put those leftovers to good use in this leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce.
Warm and cozy, creamy turkey orzo soup is wholesome, hearty, filling, and flavourful. Make this delicious one pot meal with leftover turkey in 30 minutes. One of my favorite ways to use Thanksgiving leftovers.
Coconut turkey curry is creamy, rich, and flavorful. This delicious curry is the perfect recipe to make when you have turkey leftovers, ready in 30 minutes!
More Popular Recipes
- 60 Best Chicken Recipes
- 25 Best Ground Beef Recipes
- 15 Best Salmon Recipes
- 30 Best Shrimp Recipes
- 40 Best Salad Recipes
- 40 Best Pasta Recipes
- 60 Best Soup Recipes
Did You Make Any of These Turkey Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of these turkey recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Don't forget to sign up for my email newsletter so that you don't miss any recipes. You can also follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipe updates.Print
35 Best Turkey Recipes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- Diet: Gluten Free
Over 35 best turkey recipes including whole roast turkey, instant pot turkey, slow cooker turkey, turkey breast, ground turkey recipes, turkey meatballs, and more. One of my favorite turkey recipes is this easy Instant Pot Turkey Breast.
- 1 medium turkey breast (about 3-4 pounds)
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup water
For the gravy:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Use a paper towel to completely pat dry the turkey breast. Rub oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika, and garlic evenly to season. Set aside on a plate for at least 15 minutes. It’s ideal to bring the marinated turkey to room temperature to achieve a more tender and juicier meat.
- Turn on the Sauté function on high on the instant pot. Add butter and melt until it starts to bubble, about 1 minute. Sear the turkey breast for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and set aside on a plate. Turkey doesn’t need to be fully cooked at this point.
- Place a wire rack (that can be fitted into the instant pot) in the pot and add water into the turkey drippings. The water prevents the turkey drippings from smoking and will be used to make the gravy. Return the turkey onto the wire rack to the pot.
- Switch to pressure cooking mode on manual pressure and seal the lid (the steam release knob must be turned to the sealed position). Set the turkey breast to pressure cook for 30 minutes. Once the time is up, you can let the instant pot slowly release the pressure, about 20 minutes, or quick release the remaining pressure by turning the steam release valve to the venting position.
- Transfer the turkey onto a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice the turkey breast and serve with gravy.
For the gravy:
- Leave the turkey drippings in the instant pot. Switch the Sauté function back on high on the instant pot.
- Add flour, chicken broth and heavy cream to the turkey drippings. Whisk well until smooth and cook until thickened to a desired consistency, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Turkey
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 35 best turkey recipes, best turkey recipes, turkey recipes, how to cook turkey, turkey ideas,
Leave a Comment