Wondering what to make for dinner in your crockpot? Slow cooker dinners are the best when you want to make a stress-free meal for your family, especially on busy weeknights. Just prep the ingredients, throw everything into the crockpot in the morning, and dinner is ready by the time you get home from work or school. So whether you just purchased a new slow cooker and can't wait to use it, or you have had it for a while but want to switch up your dinner routine, we are here to inspire with over 20 of the best easy crockpot recipes for the slow cooker including crockpot chicken, slow cooker soup, chili, curry, and stews, crockpot turkey breast, ribs, and more!
Slow cooker BBQ ribs are juicy, saucy, and tender -- the meat literally falls right off the bone. Add this easy recipe to your list of crockpot recipes.
Wholesome hearty vegetarian mushroom barley soup is healthy, filling, and so delicious. This one pot meal is easy to make with just 10 minutes of prep.
Slow cooker whole chicken is soft and tender and literally falls off the bone. It is the easiest way to cook a rotisserie chicken with a few minutes prep. Shred it and use it in any of our 25 Best Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes.
Hearty slow cooker beef chili is an easy, comforting, low-maintenance dinner in fall and winter months. It's a family favourite crockpot chili.
Slow cooker applesauce is delicious, healthy, kid-friendly, packed with warm and cozy fall flavors, and easy to make with just 10 minutes prep.
Hearty coconut lamb curry is an easy one pot meal that is packed with flavour. Make it on the stovetop or in the slow cooker and freeze leftovers for later. Slow Cooker instructions in recipe tips.
Soft, tender and juicy slow cooker turkey breast with the crispiest skin and fresh fall herbs is the easiest way to cook a turkey this holiday season. Serve it with make ahead cranberry sauce.
Slow cooker Korean short ribs deliver complex Asian flavours with little effort. Simply add your ingredients in the crockpot and let it cook dinner for you.
Nutritious wholesome slow cooker bone broth is healing, promotes physical wellness and health, and is easy to make at home. Add it to soups, stews and more.
Mexican pulled pork tacos with juicy and tender traditional carnitas wrapped in corn tortillas and topped with fresh onions, cilantro, and jalapeños.
An easy weeknight dinner option, this hearty and oily slow cooker Asian beef noodle soup is packed with beef chunks, vegetables, noodles, and Asian spices and flavours.
A bowl of flavourful and tender, juicy slow cooker Moroccan lamb stew served over a bowl of couscous is the ultimate Middle Eastern comfort food.
Easy holiday glazed baked ham is juicy, succulent and flavourful, coated in a brown sugar honey glaze with and baked until caramelized and golden brown. Slow cooker instructions in recipe tips.
Nothing says comfort food like a bowl of slow cooker loaded baked potato soup topped with cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and green onions. Literally throw your ingredients into the slow cooker and come back to a fully cooked soup a few hours later.
Easy Mediterranean slow cooker leg of lamb with vegetables is succulent, tender, juicy, and flavourful, seasoned with fresh herbs. Prep the crockpot in just 15 minutes.
It's soup and slow cooker season! Add some noodles to your beef stew and transform it into the most amazing, flavourful slow cooker beef stew ramen.
Storing and Reheating Slow Cooker Recipes
- Make ahead instructions: You can make some of these crockpot recipes and store in the refrigerator for a few days. You can also prep the ingredients in advance and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble into the slow cooker.
- How to store: Store any leftovers in airtight containers in the refrigerator or even in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Check the individual recipe for complete storing instructions and to see if the recipe is freezer-friendly.
- How to reheat: Most of the leftovers can be reheated in a saucepan over the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through. You can also reheat in the slow cooker on high (stirring occasionally), until warmed through. If heating from frozen, let it thaw first and then reheat.
Did You Make Any of These Easy Crockpot Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of these easy crockpot recipes for the slow cooker. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Over 20 best easy crockpot recipes for the slow cooker including chicken, soup, chili, curry, stews, turkey, tacos, ribs, and more. One of my favorites is this Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs.
- 2 racks baby back ribs (3-4 lb.), cut in half
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder (optional)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup BBQ sauce, homemade or store bought
- Pat dry ribs with paper towel completely and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dry rub ingredients including brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and mustard powder until evenly distributed. Rub and spread onto ribs using your hands until evenly coated. You can use disposable gloves for easier clean up.
- Spread chopped onions evenly inside a 6-quart slow cooker (crockpot) and add water.
- Place the ribs in the slow cooker and generously brush half of the barbecue sauce on top of each rib. You can stack the ribs on top of each other into 2 layers.
- Cover and cook on the LOW setting for 8-10 hours or on the HIGH setting for 4-6 hours. When time is up, the slow cooker will automatically switch to WARM setting. Serve immediately with remaining BBQ sauce.
- Optionally, to achieve crispy and nicely charred ribs, gently remove the ribs and place them on a large half sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper. Baste with additional BBQ sauce, if desired. Broil the ribs on top rack of the oven on high for 5-7 minutes until nicely browned.
Make ahead instructions: You can make some of these crockpot recipes and store in the refrigerator for a few days. You can also prep the ingredients in advance and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble into the slow cooker.
How to store: Store any leftovers in airtight containers in the refrigerator or even in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Check the individual recipe for complete storing instructions and to see if the recipe is freezer-friendly.
How to reheat: Most of the leftovers can be reheated in a saucepan over the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through. You can also reheat in the slow cooker on high (stirring occasionally), until warmed through. If heating from frozen, let it thaw first and then reheat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Category: Pork
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 20 crockpot recipes for the slow cooker, crockpot recipes, slow cooker recipes, recipes in the crockpot, how to cook in the crockpot, best crockpot recipes