Green beans are one of my favorite vegetables to cook with because they are so easy to make, taste delicious with just a handful of ingredients, and typically ready to eat within 15 minutes. So if you picked up a bunch of these veggies from the grocery store and are wondering "how to cook green beans", then you are in the right place. Whether you want to cook them as an easy side dish on a busy weeknight or for Thanksgiving or Christmas, use them in soups or salads, or as an ingredient in a roasted protein dinner, we have got you covered. We are sharing over 15 of the most popular and best green bean recipes including roasted green beans, sautéed green beans, air fryer green beans, green bean casserole, and more!
Best Green Bean Recipes
Buttery sautéed garlic green beans is a simple side dish that is quick, easy and delicious. Make these vibrant, crispy and tender green beans in 10 minutes.
With only a few ingredients, it is incredible how much flavour are packed in these 10-minute nutty green beans. Earthy green beans balance perfectly with crunchy pecans.
Green bean casserole is a classic holiday side dish packed with fresh green beans in a delicious creamy mushroom sauce, and topped with crispy fried onions.
Pesto green beans is a simple side dish that is quick and easy to make in under 10 minutes, tossed in buttery toasted walnuts and pesto. So delicious.
Quick easy roasted garlic green beans are tangy, sour, savoury, and sweet, with a tender and crunchy texture. Make them in the oven or air fryer in minutes.
Baked green bean fries are flavorful, crispy, and nutritious. These veggies are quick and easy to make as a healthy appetizer, snack, or side dish.
Roasted brussels sprouts salad with creamy potatoes, crispy string beans, tender brussels sprouts, is tossed in a delicious homemade dijon vinaigrette.
Quick and easy spring vegetable stir fry is made with delicious seasonal vegetables, packed with savoury and salty flavour, and takes 10 minutes to cook.
Minestrone soup is a hearty, healthy, nourishing, and delicious classic Italian soup, packed with vegetables and pasta simmered in a rich tomato broth.
Easy one pan honey glazed roast pork is moist, tender, and juicy, coated with an irresistible honey glaze and packed with potatoes, green beans and apples.
Budget-friendly chicken thighs make for a delicious dinner packed with flavour in this Middle Eastern inspired dish.
More Green Beans Recipes
Here are some of our favorite green bean recipes that we found the internet has to offer:
- Lemon Parmesan Green Beans. A quick and easy side dish made with just a few ingredients in 15 minutes.
- Thai Green Beans. Stovetop green beans made with a delicious peanut sauce.
- Garlic Roasted Cheesy Green Beans. Cheese makes everything better! This cheesy side dish is easy to make and so comforting.
- Garlic and Bacon Green Beans. The name says it all. Green beans are sautéed with bacon and makes for a delicious side dish.
Storing and Reheating Instructions
Green beans are typically best served fresh, especially if making them crispy on the outside. If you have any leftovers, store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Confirm storing instructions by checking each recipe.
To reheat any of these recipes, reheat in a 300F preheated oven or air fryer for 5-15 minutes until fully warmed through, or on the stovetop over medium low heat for 5-10 minutes, depending on the recipe.
Did You Make Any of These Green Bean Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of the best green bean recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Over 15 best green bean recipes including roasted green beans, sautéed green beans, air fryer green beans, green bean casserole, soup, salad, and more! One of my favorite green bean recipes is these sautéed garlic green beans.
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- In a medium pot, bring 5 cups of water over medium high heat. Add green beans in the boiling water and cook for 4-6 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat for 2 minutes until it melts and sizzles. Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the garlic turns golden brown and is fragrant.
- Add the cooked green beans and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Stir well to coat the green beans with butter garlic sauce. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stir well to mix evenly, about 1 minute.
- Serve it warm on a plate.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 15 best green bean recipes, green bean recipes, how to cook green beans, easy green beans, the best green beans