Quick and easy spring vegetable stir fry is made with delicious seasonal vegetables including carrots, asparagus, green beans, and mushrooms (or whatever veggies that you have on hand!). It's packed with savoury and salty flavour from a few simple ingredients in a light sauce that coats all the vegetables. The best part? It comes together in under 20 minutes including prep. Serve it with sprinkle of sesame seeds alongside a bowl of steamed rice and/or your favourite protein.
Why You'll Love Spring Vegetable Stir Fry
- Fresh and delicious. Spring vegetable stir fry takes a classic stir fry recipe and makes it seasonal. Fresh carrots, mushrooms, asparagus, and green beans make this recipe shine with their natural, earthy flavours.
- A saucy situation. The liquids from the vegetables combined with the olive oil, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar create a yummy sauce that tastes great on the spring vegetable stir fry and whatever else you eat it with! Pair with steamed rice, fried rice, noodles, or get creative and have it with some couscous or quinoa, and choose any yummy protein from fish and chicken to chickpeas and peanuts.
- One-pan, no problems. This spring vegetable stir fry is incredibly easy to make. Once you've got all your veggies cut, everything goes into (one wok or skillet), and it takes less than 10 minutes to cook.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this easy 10-minute spring vegetable stir fry, you will need a wok or skillet and the following ingredients:
- olive oil
- vegetables - you can use any combinations of vegetables. I used carrots, shiitake mushrooms (or brown mushrooms), asparagus, and green beans.
- seasoning - salt, black pepper, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar.
- sesame seeds - to sprinkle on top for serving (optional).
This stir fry is completely customizable with whatever vegetables that you have on hand. Some of my favourite veggies in stir fries are: sugar snap peas, edamame, broccoli, watercress, bell peppers, and baby corn. You could also add some chilis for a kick.
How to Make the Best Spring Vegetable Stir Fry
- Stir fry the vegetables. Heat oil in a large skillet for 2 minutes until the hot oil sizzles. Add carrots and sauté for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add mushrooms and garlic and stir fry for another 2 minutes until fragrant and tender. Stir in asparagus and green beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Add sauce. Add in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Stir well until evenly combined. Stir in 1-2 tablespoons water if desired to make a bit more saucy.
- Serve. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve immediately.
- How to store: Let stir fry vegetables cool to room temperature before placing them in an airtight container. Then, store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- How to reheat: For best results, reheat leftovers on the stovetop over low to medium heat to avoid overcooking. Stir frequently to ensure even reheating. You can also reheat in the microwave, covered, in 15-second increments until hot.
More Stir Fries
- 10-Minute Shrimp Fried Rice
- Shanghai Style Fried Noodles
- Stir-Fried Rice Cakes with Shrimp
- 10-Minute Chicken Pad Thai
- Stir Fried Rice Noodle Rolls with Peanut Sauce
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.