Quick and easy spring vegetable stir fry is made with delicious seasonal vegetables, packed with savoury and salty flavour, and takes 10 minutes to cook.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup medium asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup green beans, ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a large skillet for 2 minutes until the hot oil sizzles. Add carrots and sauté for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and stir fry for another 2 minutes until fragrant and tender.
- Stir in asparagus and green beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Stir well until evenly combined. Stir in 1-2 tablespoons water if desired to make a bit more saucy.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve immediately.
How to customize: This stir fry is completely customizable with whatever vegetables that you have on hand. Some of my favourite veggies in stir fries are: sugar snap peas, edamame, broccoli, watercress, bell peppers, and baby corn. You could also add some chilis for a kick.
How to store: Let stir fry vegetables cool to room temperature before placing them in an airtight container. Then, store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
How to reheat: For best results, reheat leftovers on the stovetop over low to medium heat to avoid overcooking. Stir frequently to ensure even reheating. You can also reheat in the microwave, covered, in 15-second increments until hot.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: spring vegetable stir fry, vegan stir fry, easy vegetarian stir fry, how to make chinese stir fry, asian vegan stir fry