Wondering how to make burgers this summer for your weekend cookout or 4th of July party? Well, you’re in the right place! We are sharing over 15 of our most popular burger recipes including classic beef hamburgers, chicken and turkey burgers, salmon burgers, veggie burgers, and more!
Burgers are perfect for weekend get-togethers with family and friends or busy weeknights at home. So fire up the grill, gather your condiments, and get ready to prepare a delicious burger recipe for your summer cookout or BBQ this year.
Best Burger Recipes
Better than the steakhouse, these classic juicy hamburgers are perfectly seasoned, so flavourful and delicious. Make them on the grill or on the stove.
Mediterranean turkey burgers are tender, juicy, and delicious, loaded with garlic, fresh dill, and lemon juice. The perfect summer weeknight meal.
These Salmon Burgers made with real fresh salmon, are crispy on the outside and flaky inside, juicy and thick, and healthy and packed with protein.
Homemade vegetarian black bean burgers are thick, hearty, flavorful, and delicious. They are easy to make with the best texture (no mushy burgers here!).
Delicious, moist and juicy Mediterranean chicken patties have everything you want in one bite: protein, veggies, herbs, and they're quick and easy to make.
Super juicy and flavourful rosemary thyme quarter pound burgers made with fresh herbs add such an incredible depth of flavour. Just 10 minutes of prep work.
These Thai Turkey Burgers topped with a crisp and creamy slaw are loaded with fresh and bright flavors, healthy and delicious, and quick and easy to make.
These 15-minute fish burgers with creamy slaw are juicy, flakey, and packed with flavour. So easy that it's the perfect summer weeknight meal!
Greek-style spinach and feta turkey burgers are tender, juicy, and flavourful, loaded with spinach, feta and fresh Mediterranean herbs and is so easy to prep. Serve it with tzatziki sauce.
You don't need to be vegetarian to enjoy protein-packed, juicy and flavourful homemade veggie burgers with lima beans.
How to Serve Burgers
Some of my favorite side dishes to serve with burgers are:
- Baked Potato Wedges
- Caprese Skewers
- Classic Potato Salad
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
More Summer Recipe Collections
- 60+ Summer Dinner Ideas
- 40 Best 4th of July Recipes
- 50 Easy Summer Appetizers
- 40 Best Salad Recipes
- 40 Summer Desserts
Did You Make Any of These Burger Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of burger recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Over 15 best burger recipes for your summer cookout including classic beef hamburgers, chicken and turkey burgers, salmon burgers, veggie burgers, and more! One of our favorite burger recipes are these Classic Hamburgers.
For the hamburger patties:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice (or cold water)
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or cooking spray oil
For assembling the burgers:
- 4 hamburger buns, sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, divided
- 4 pieces of lettuce
- 4 slices tomato, ¼-inch thick
- ½ cup red onions, sliced
- ½ cup pickles, sliced
- ¼ cup ketchup
Prepare the hamburger patties:
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, breadcrumbs, cheddar cheese, parsley, pickle juice, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce (optional), and salt and pepper. Stir well with a spatula to combine everything together (or use your hands to press the ingredients together to evenly combine).
- Shape the ground beef mixture into a firm ball. This helps the beef mixture bind together to yield firm patties. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Transfer the ground beef mixture onto a large piece of parchment paper. Flatten the ground beef with your hands into a square that is ½-inch thick (approximately an 8x8-inch square). You can also roll it out with a rolling pin.
- Use a 4-inch wide circular mold (or the rim of a round bowl) to cut out 4 hamburger patties (¼ pound each). Add the scraps evenly amongst the 4 patties.
Grill the hamburger patties:
- Brush oil over the grill pan and heat pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes until the oil starts to sizzle and shimmer. Place patties spaced apart on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side until the internal temperature for the patties reaches 160 F. It takes about 10 minutes total.
Assemble the hamburgers:
- Slice the hamburgers and toast the slices on the grill, if desired.
- On each hamburger bun, spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise onto the bottom half of the bun. Top with a piece of lettuce and a grilled hamburger patty. Top the patty with 1 slice of tomato, 2 or 3 slices onions and sliced pickles. Add a tablespoon ketchup on the top half of the bun. Place the top half of the bun on top to assemble the hamburger.
- Serve with a side of crispy french fries.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Marinate Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 15 best burger recipes, burger recipes, how to make burgers