Chicken wings are a quick, easy, delicious, and satisfying dish that you can serve as an appy on game day or for lunch or dinner with a side salad. They soak up different seasonings so well so they can be completely customized to any flavor you are craving. Plus, wings are typically ready in about 30 minutes, making them ideal to whip up at the last minute. So if you are wondering "how to make chicken wings", you are in the right place. We are sharing over 10 best chicken wing recipes that are tender, juicy, and flavorful, including baked chicken wings in the oven, air fryer chicken wings, grilled chicken wings, spicy chicken wings, crispy chicken wings, asian chicken wings, and more!
Best Chicken Wings
Miso Garlic Chicken Wings
Baked miso garlic chicken wings are crispy, delicious, and easy to make. They're marinated in a savoury Asian marinade, and cooked in the oven or air fryer.
The Best Breaded Fried Chicken Wings (Air Fryer)
The BEST breaded fried chicken wings -- extra crispy and crunchy outside, tender and juicy inside. You can't even tell they're air fried, not deep-fried!
Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
These sweet and sticky honey garlic chicken wings are baked or air fried until crispy and tossed in a honey garlic sauce. So crave-worthy and so easy to make.
Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
Sweet and sticky, baked BBQ chicken wings are perfectly crispy, so delicious, and smothered in barbecue sauce. They are the perfect game day appetizer.
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
Honey mustard chicken wings are crispy on the outside but juicy and tender inside. Baked in an air fryer or oven, they have the best texture and flavor.
Game Day Buffalo Hot Wings
Is it even game day without game day buffalo hot wings? This classic appetizer is a total crowd pleaser!
Jerk Chicken Wings
Jamaican jerk chicken wings with delicious crispy skin and tender and juicy meat are loaded with flavor. They're easy to make on the oven, grill, air fryer.
Crispy Baked Asian Chicken Wings
You will be amazed by how crispy these baked Asian chicken wings turn out! We add sriracha for heat, honey for sweetness, and ginger to balance the flavours.
Storing and Reheating Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are easy to store, reheat, and are freezer friendly. Refer to each recipe for full storage instructions, but here are some general tips:
- Marinating tips: Some of these wing recipes don't require you to marinate, but for the ones that do, the general rule is that you will get the best flavor the longer that you marinate. Marinate overnight for the best results.
- How to store: Keep leftover chicken wings refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- How to freeze: Let the cooked chicken wings cool to room temperature, and then transfer to a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, allow the wings to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- How to reheat: You can reheat most wings easily in the microwave in 20-second increments until warmed through. But for best results (and to get them crispy), reheat them in the oven or air fryer at 350F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through and crispy.
More Popular Recipes
- 60 Best Chicken Recipes
- 60 Best Super Bowl Recipes
- 25 Best Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 10 Best Stuffed Peppers Recipes
- 25 Best Ground Beef Recipes
- 10 Best Lasagna Recipes
Did You Make Any of These Chicken Wing Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of recipes for the best chicken wings. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Don't forget to sign up for my email newsletter so that you don't miss any recipes. You can also follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipe updates.Print
10 Best Chicken Wings
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 split wings
- Diet: Gluten Free
Over 10 best chicken wings recipes including baked chicken wings in the oven, air fryer chicken wings, grilled wings, crispy chicken wings, and more! One of my favorite and most popular wings recipe are these miso garlic chicken wings.
- 1 pound medium chicken wings (about 10 split wings)
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (for garnish)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine miso paste, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil and black pepper. Mix well with a spoon until smooth.
- In a large zip-loc bag, add chicken wings and miso mixture. Press air out of the bag and seal tightly. Press the marinade around the wings to coat. Place bag in the refrigerator and marinate for at least one hour, up to overnight.
- To bake the chicken wings: Preheat oven to 400 F. Remove the marinated wings out of the bag and place them on a quarter sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes, turning the wings over half way to ensure even cooking.
- To air fry the chicken wings: Place the wings in the air fryer basket and cook at 350 F for 22-25 minutes. Open and shake the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Let the wings rest at room temperature for 5 minutes and serve.
Marinating tips: Some of these wing recipes don't require you to marinate, but for the ones that do, the general rule is that you will get the best flavor the longer that you marinate. Marinate overnight for the best results.
How to store: Keep leftover chicken wings refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
How to freeze: Let the cooked chicken wings cool to room temperature, and then transfer to a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, allow the wings to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
How to reheat: You can reheat most wings easily in the microwave in 20-second increments until warmed through. But for best results (and to get them crispy), reheat them in the oven or air fryer at 350F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through and crispy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Marinate Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: 10 best chicken wings, chicken wing recipes, best chicken wing recipes, chicken wings, how to make chicken wings
Leave a Comment