Over 10 best chicken wings recipes including baked chicken wings in the oven, air fryer chicken wings, grilled wings, crispy chicken wings, and more! One of my favorite and most popular wings recipe are these miso garlic chicken wings.
- 1 pound medium chicken wings (about 10 split wings)
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (for garnish)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine miso paste, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil and black pepper. Mix well with a spoon until smooth.
- In a large zip-loc bag, add chicken wings and miso mixture. Press air out of the bag and seal tightly. Press the marinade around the wings to coat. Place bag in the refrigerator and marinate for at least one hour, up to overnight.
- To bake the chicken wings: Preheat oven to 400 F. Remove the marinated wings out of the bag and place them on a quarter sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes, turning the wings over half way to ensure even cooking.
- To air fry the chicken wings: Place the wings in the air fryer basket and cook at 350 F for 22-25 minutes. Open and shake the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Let the wings rest at room temperature for 5 minutes and serve.
Marinating tips: Some of these wing recipes don't require you to marinate, but for the ones that do, the general rule is that you will get the best flavor the longer that you marinate. Marinate overnight for the best results.
How to store: Keep leftover chicken wings refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
How to freeze: Let the cooked chicken wings cool to room temperature, and then transfer to a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, allow the wings to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
How to reheat: You can reheat most wings easily in the microwave in 20-second increments until warmed through. But for best results (and to get them crispy), reheat them in the oven or air fryer at 350F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through and crispy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Marinate Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: 10 best chicken wings, chicken wing recipes, best chicken wing recipes, chicken wings, how to make chicken wings