When it comes to delicious, flavorful, and typically healthy dinners, stuffed peppers just can't be beat. They are a go-to over here because they are easy to make ahead, store and freeze well, and they are great for meal prep. Plus, you can totally customize them with whatever filling and flavor that you are craving. So if you are wondering "how to make stuffed peppers", you are in the right place. Today, we are sharing over 10 best stuffed peppers recipes including ground beef stuffed peppers, chicken stuffed peppers, turkey stuffed peppers, vegan and vegetarian stuffed peppers, stuffed peppers with or without rice, stuffed peppers with quinoa, and more!
Best Stuffed Peppers
Ground beef stuffed peppers are delicious, healthy, and filling. Stuffed with beef rice and veggies, they're easy to make ahead and freezer-friendly.
Chicken parmesan stuffed peppers are delicious, flavorful, healthy, and filling, and combines two all-time favorites. Great for meal prep and freezes well.
Easy vegan stuffed bell peppers are filled with brown rice, mushrooms, veggies, and seasonings, then baked for 40 minutes. It's a perfect weeknight dinner.
Leftover turkey stuffed peppers are a nutritious, wholesome and healthy dinner that you can throw together easily and quickly. A total crowd-pleaser and delicious Thanksgiving leftover recipe.
Mexican stuffed peppers are a delicious, wholesome, healthy meal loaded with fun Mexican flavors. It freezes well and is perfect for meal prep.
Leftover chili stuffed peppers are delicious, flavorful, and the easiest way to make stuffed peppers, with only three ingredients and five minutes of prep.
More Stuffed Peppers Recipes
Here are some of our favorite stuffed peppers recipes that we found the internet has to offer:
- Vegetarian Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. The name says it all. This hearty and healthy vegetarian meal is loved by all.
- Lasagna Stuffed Peppers. If you love a classic Meat Lasagna, then you are in for a treat. These stuffed peppers taste like comforting lasagna but they skip the pasta making them low carb.
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers. This classic Philly favorite is given a low carb twist and stuffed in bell peppers. SO good!
- Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers. These Greek-style ground beef stuffed peppers are stuffed with classic Mediterranean flavors and ingredients including chickpeas.
Storing and Reheating Instructions
Let any leftovers cool down before placing them in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Stuffed peppers also freeze and reheat well. So they are perfect for meal prepping. Store the cooked stuffed bell peppers (or just the cooked filling) in an airtight container with the cut side up for up to 3 months.
If you have time, I recommend reheating the ground beef stuffed peppers in the oven (or air fryer) at 350F. Place them in a casserole dish (the peppers may leak) and cover with aluminum foil (to steam the peppers). Bake covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for 5 minutes. If reheating from frozen, extend the cooking time even further until warmed through, about 5-10 minutes longer.
You can also reheat in the microwave. I recommend cutting the stuffed peppers into quarters, allowing them to separate (they sort of resemble flower petals!) before heating for 1-3 minutes in the microwave, until warmed through.
Did You Make Any of These Stuffed Pepper Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of the best stuffed peppers recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Over 10 best stuffed peppers recipes including beef, chicken, or turkey stuffed peppers, vegetarian stuffed peppers, stuffed peppers without rice, and more! One of my favorite stuffed peppers recipe are these classic ground beef stuffed peppers.
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the beef filling:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 + ½ cups cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Prepare the bell peppers by cutting the tops off. Remove and discard the seeds. Place the peppers on a lightly greased baking pan and lightly season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or shallow saucepan for 2 minutes over medium-high heat until the hot oil sizzles. Add ground beef and stir well to cook for 6-8 minutes until browned on all sides. Make sure to break up beef into small pieces to help even browning.
- Stir in onion, garlic, zucchini and parsley and sauté for 1-2 minutes until tender.
- Season the beef mixture with salt and pepper and stir in soy sauce and tomato sauce. Stir occasionally and bring the mixture to a simmer to help soak up the flavors, about 3 minutes.
- Add in rice and ½ cup cheese and stir well to mix all evenly. Turn off heat and set the beef rice mixture aside.
- Fill up each pepper with beef mixture and sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake the stuffed peppers for 40-45 minutes until the pepper softens and the melted cheese turns golden brown. Let the stuffed peppers rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley on top and serve.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 10 best stuffed peppers recipes, stuffed peppers recipes, how to make stuffed peppers, easy stuffed peppers, best stuffed peppers, bell peppers