This is one of the easiest and tastiest soups ever. With just a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps, you will have yourself a delicious bowl of creamy cauliflower and garlic soup.
This soup is a dream. The key to this dream of a soup is caramelizing the vegetables. The combination of carmelized cauliflower, garlic and onion not only enhances the flavour, but it also gives the soup a gorgeous, golden colour.
And if you are one of those people who turn their nose at the mention of cauliflower, this soup will change how you feel about cauliflower. Take a chance and find yourself pleasantly surprised.
What is even more appealing about this soup is that you can have a big bowl completely guilt-free. When a head of cauliflower only has 150 calories and it’s the main ingredient in the soup… it pretty much speaks for itself. The remaining calories come from a small portion of half and half and cheese which disappears in the entire pot of soup.
- I like my soup thick and creamy. To thin out the consistency, add some water. To thicken it, heat it on the stove until it has thickened up.
Creamy Cauliflower and Garlic Soup
A handful of ingredients and a few simple steps makes creamy cauliflower and garlic soup one of the easiest and tastiest soups ever.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Soup
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled whole
- 3 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh thyme leaves
- Parmesan cheese
- cream (drizzle)
- olive oil (drizzle)
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower, onion, and garlic and sauté until the vegetables have caramelized (roughly 15 minutes).
- Add stock and reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the cauliflower florets are soft and tender.
- Puree the mixture in a blender until smooth. Add some water to get it going in the blender. Then, pour the soup back into the pot.
- Stir in the cream and Parmesan cheese and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with optional toppings and serve immediately.