When it comes to quick and easy dinners, it's all about the instant pot. You can throw in your ingredients, let the pressure cooker do it's thing, and have dinner ready much faster than if you cooked it over the stove. So whether you just purchased a new instant pot and can't wait to use it, you have had it for a while but want to switch up your dinner routine, or you are just wondering "what to cook in the instant pot", then you are in the right place. We are sharing over 30 of the best instant pot recipes for the pressure cooker including instant pot chicken and turkey, curries and stews, soup, rice, vegetables, and more!
Best Instant Pot Recipes
Instant pot whole chicken with gravy is tender, juicy, and flavorful. It's the fastest way to cook a whole rotisserie chicken for dinner in just 40 minutes. Shred it and use it in any of our 25 Best Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes.
Instant pot chicken fried rice is easy to throw together, packed with flavor, and delicious. It's perfect for a weeknight family dinner or meal prep. | aheadofthyme.com
Instant pot beef curry with potatoes and carrots is delicious, hearty, comforting, and flavorful. It's made quick and easy in the pressure cooker.
Teriyaki chicken is a quick easy chicken stir fry that is delicious, flavorful, healthy, and better and faster than takeout. Perfect for busy weeknights. Instant pot instructions included in the recipe tips.
Instant pot butternut squash soup is the perfect fall dish to cook in your pressure cooker — warm, cozy, comforting, and creamy. Make in 15 minutes.
Creamy Tuscan chicken with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach is a quick and easy 30 minute Italian chicken dinner that is delicious, flavorful, and comforting. Easy instant pot instructions in the recipe tips.
Instant pot turkey breast is the most tender and juicy turkey you’ll ever try. It's so easy to make in the pressure cooker and requires little prep.
Instant pot mashed potatoes are the quickest and easiest mashed potatoes you’ll make in under 20 minutes (including prep!) in the pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Short Ribs are rich, tender, and delicious. These short ribs fall-off-the-bone after being braised in a red wine broth in the pressure cooker.
White chicken chili is an easy and delicious one pot meal made with shredded chicken, hearty veggies, and a creamy broth that's loaded with flavor. Instant pot instructions in recipe tips.
Southern Black Eyed Peas (Hoppin' John) is classic comfort food that is hearty, delicious, flavorful, and comforting. Serve it on New Year's for good luck. Full Instant Pot instructions in the recipe tips.
Instant pot cranberry chicken is sweet, tart, savory, and delicious. Make this chicken dinner in the pressure cooker in just 30 minutes. So quick and easy!
Minestrone soup is a hearty, healthy, nourishing, and delicious classic Italian soup, packed with vegetables and pasta simmered in a rich tomato broth. Easy instant pot instructions in recipe tips.
Cashew chicken is a quick and easy chicken stir fry ready in under 30 minutes. It's flavorful, delicious, and so much better and faster than takeout. Easy instant pot instructions in the recipe tips.
Instant pot turkey roast with homemade gravy is easy to prepare in minutes, the fastest way to cook turkey, and delivers flavorful, juicy, tender turkey.
Lasagna soup is a twist on a classic Italian recipe with all the same delicious comforting flavors in the form of a hearty one pot soup. Pressure cooker instructions in recipe tips.
Mongolian chicken is a quick and easy chicken stir fry dish that you can make at home in just 30 minutes. Healthier, faster, and better than takeout. Instant pot instructions in recipe tips.
Instant pot osso buco is a delicious, classic Italian recipe with braised veal shanks stewed with vegetables in a thick, savory red wine and tomato sauce.
Quick easy roasted pork tenderloin with sauce is juicy, tender, and flavorful. Ready in 30 minutes, it's perfect for busy weeknights or a holiday dinner. Pressure cooker instructions in the recipe tips.
Instant Pot Chinese Braised Pork (Hong Shao Rou) is tender, juicy, flavorful, and easy to make in a pressure cooker. Try this Shanghai dinner at home today!
White chicken lasagna soup is a thick and creamy soup version of this classic Italian dish. It’s quick and easy to make in just 30 minutes. Instant Pot instructions in recipe tips.
Instant pot turkey thighs are tender, juicy, and delicious. Perfect for a small holiday dinner or weeknight dinner with little effort and 10 minutes prep.
Homemade roast beef is roasted on high heat and slow cooked on low heat for the best texture — browned crust on the outside and tender, moist, juicy inside. Instant pot instructions in the recipe tips.
Instant Pot Oxtail Stew is filling, nourishing, flavorful, and satisfying. This Asian stew is easy to make in the pressure cooker and is freezer-friendly.
Storing and Reheating Instant Pot Recipes
- How to store: Store any leftovers in airtight containers in the refrigerator or even in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Check the individual recipe for complete storing instructions and to see if the recipe is freezer-friendly.
- How to reheat: Most of the leftovers can be reheated in a saucepan over the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through. If heating from frozen, let it thaw first and then reheat.
More Popular Recipes
- 60+ Easy Dinner Ideas
- 20 Crockpot Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- 25 Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- 60 Best Chicken Recipes
- 25 Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 50 Sunday Dinner Ideas
Did You Make Any of These Instant Pot Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of these easy instant pot recipes for the pressure cooker. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Over 30 best instant pot recipes for the pressure cooker including chicken and turkey, curries and stews, soup, rice, vegetables, and more quick dinners. One of my favorite pressure cooker recipes is this Instant Pot Whole Chicken.
- 1 medium whole chicken (3 pounds)
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ lemon
- 3-4 sprigs of thyme or rosemary
- ½ cup chicken broth
For the gravy:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Pat the whole chicken completely dry using a paper towel. Rub on oil, salt, pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder evenly to season. Set aside on a plate for at least 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight. When ready to cook, it’s ideal to bring the marinated chicken to room temperature to achieve even cooking and more tender and juicier meat.
- Stuff the lemon half and fresh thyme into the cavity of the chicken.
- Truss the chicken by tying the chicken snugly with cooking twine so that the wings and legs stay close to the body. This helps cook the whole chicken evenly.
- Place a rack that can be fitted into the instant pot into the pot and add broth. The broth will be used to make gravy later, it also stops the chicken drippings from burning.
- Place the chicken (breast side up) on the rack and seal the lid (the steam release knob must be turned to the sealed position). Set the chicken on pressure cooking for 25 minutes. For each extra pound of chicken, cook 6 more minutes.
- Once the time is up, let the instant pot slowly release the pressure, about 15 minutes. The internal temperature of the thickest part of the breast should reach 165F as read on a meat thermometer.
- To make chicken skin extra crispy and browned, turn on the oven broiler and set it to high. Broil the chicken on a baking sheet for 5-7 minutes. Keep a close eye on the broiler because things can heat up and burn quickly. Remove the pan from the oven and let the chicken sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
Prepare the gravy:
- On the Instant Pot, switch the Sauté function on high. Add flour, chicken broth, and butter to the chicken drippings in the pot. Whisk well until smooth and cook until thickened to a desired consistency, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Carve the chicken and serve with gravy on top.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 30 instant pot recipes, instant pot recipes, pressure cooker recipes, recipes in the instant pot, how to cook in the instant pot, best instant pot recipes