Classic deviled eggs are a simple and easy to whip up, go-to appetizer for all your party, picnic or "just because" needs! They are basically a hand-held egg salad sandwich, without the bun. Umm...yum!?
How to Make Classic Deviled Eggs
Classic deviled eggs are a go-to for when you need to make something quick -- think brunch, picnics, barbecues, or pot-luck lunches. After the eggs are cooked and peeled, it will take only 10 minutes to do everything else:
- Make the filling by mashing the egg yolks and mixing it with mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add red pepper powder for a kick.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle paprika on top and voila! All done!
How to Flavour Deviled Eggs
You can never go wrong with a classic recipe. However, if you want to venture out a little, you certainly can. This recipe is 100% versatile. Use this recipe as a base and change it up by adding any one of the following ingredients:
- chopped dill
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped parsley and scallions
- tuna and pickles
Classic deviled eggs are a simple and easy to whip up, go-to appetizer for all your party, picnic or "just because" needs!
- 6 eggs
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper powder (optional)
- smoked paprika
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water so that there is 1-2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside for 14 minutes. Run eggs through cold water for 1 minute. Carefully peel eggs and slice lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl. Set egg whites aside. Using a fork, mash the yolks until crumbly. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add red pepper powder for a kick. Mix together.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into egg whites. Sprinkle paprika on top and serve.
These deviled eggs are best served fresh. However, you can store them for up to 2 days in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container.
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: deviled eggs, eggs