Classic deviled eggs are a simple and easy to whip up, go-to appetizer for all your party, picnic or "just because" needs!
- 6 eggs
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper powder (optional)
- smoked paprika
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water so that there is 1-2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside for 14 minutes. Run eggs through cold water for 1 minute. Carefully peel eggs and slice lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl. Set egg whites aside. Using a fork, mash the yolks until crumbly. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add red pepper powder for a kick. Mix together.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into egg whites. Sprinkle paprika on top and serve.
These deviled eggs are best served fresh. However, you can store them for up to 2 days in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container.
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: deviled eggs, eggs