When it comes to fall desserts, apple desserts might just be on the top of the list. They turn perfectly tender, sweet, and delicious when baked. Plus, we typically pair apples with classic warm and cozy fall flavors of cinnamon, sugar, and caramel when used in dessert. Truly irresistible. So if you are wondering "what desserts to make with apples", then you are in the right place. We are sharing over 20 of the most popular and best apple desserts online including apple pies, apple crisps and cobblers, cakes, muffins, cheesecake, and more!
Best Apple Dessert Recipes
More Apple Desserts
Here are some of our favorite apple dessert recipes that we found the internet has to offer:
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars. These bars are made with a shortbread crust, a cinnamon apple filling, and caramel sauce on top. Plus, they are easier to make than apple pie.
- Apple Fritters. These deep fried donuts with that classic apple cinnamon flavor are ready in just 30 minutes.
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars. Does this one really need an explanation? It's basically apple pie, cookies, and cheesecake all-in-one.
- Apple Roses. These apple roses might be the prettiest dessert we've seen. Thinly sliced apples are shaped into roses and baked on puff pastry.
- Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cake. This light and fluffy cake is loaded with cinnamon apples and topped with crunchy cinnamon sugar.
Make Ahead and Storing Instructions
You can make or prepare some of these apple desserts ahead of time. Many can be stored at room temperature for 1-2 days, up to one week in the refrigerator, or up to 3 months in the freezer. Confirm storing instructions by checking the specific recipe post for the dessert that you are making.
To reheat any of these recipes and serve them warm, reheat in a 300F preheated oven or air fryer for 5-15 minutes until fully warmed through, depending on the recipe. If heating from frozen, let it thaw first and then reheat.
Did You Make Any of These Apple Dessert Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of the best apple desserts. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Over 20 popular best apple desserts including apple pies, apple crisps and cobblers, cakes, muffins, cheesecake, and more treats loaded with cinnamon sugar. One of our favorites is this Apple Crisp.
For the apple layer:
- 5 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped (or sliced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional for extra sweetness)
For the oat topping:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, and sugar (if using). Gently toss to combine. Evenly distribute the apple mixture into the greased pan.
- In another mixing bowl, combine softened butter, oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir together with a rubber spatula until combined. Evenly distribute the oat mixture on top of the apple layer.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the top is lightly browned and apples are bubbly. Place on a wire cooling rack to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipping cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 20 best apple desserts, apple desserts, the best apple dessert recipes, apple dessert recipes, desserts with apples