Need something quick and easy for lunch or dinner that's delicious and loaded with flavor? Tacos immediately comes to mind. They are typically ready to assemble in under 15 minutes (perfect for last minute meals!) and a total crowd-pleaser — loved by the entire family. So if you are wondering "how to make tacos" or looking for inspiration on "different kinds of tacos", you are in the right place.
We are sharing over 15 of the best taco recipes for Taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo, or anytime you are in a fiesta mood including beef tacos, chicken tacos, fish tacos, shrimp tacos, pork tacos, vegetarian tacos, and more!
Best Taco Recipes
Carne Asada Tacos
Carne asada tacos are delicious, juicy, and tender Mexican street tacos loaded with steak bites that everyone will be raving about on Taco Tuesday!
Fish Tacos with Lime Crema
Flavourful, easy fish tacos with lime crema is made with seasoned white fish, cabbage slaw, and lime sauce. It takes less than 25 minutes to prep and serve.
Chicken tacos are juicy and tender, loaded with flavor, delicious, and so easy to make. They are perfect for Taco Tuesday or a Cinco de Mayo Mexican fiesta.
Ground Beef Tacos
Ground beef tacos are delicious, authentic, and so easy to make. They're savory, spicy, creamy, and fresh. The perfect recipe for a Mexican fiesta.
Vegetarian cauliflower tacos are loaded with air-fried or baked cauliflower, a delicious seasoning blend, and creamy lime cilantro slaw inside a tortilla.
Shrimp Tacos with Lime Crema Slaw
Quick and easy shrimp tacos with lime crema slaw are ready in less than 30 minutes and are packed with flavourful crispy shrimp and creamy cabbage slaw.
Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos (Carnitas)
Mexican pulled pork tacos with juicy and tender traditional carnitas wrapped in corn tortillas and topped with fresh onions, cilantro, and jalapeños.
Fish Stick Tacos
Fish stick tacos are fun, quick, easy, and delicious. Crispy breaded fish sticks are topped with a homemade mango salsa and a drizzle of lime crema.
Korean Beef Steak Tacos
Fusion-style Korean beef steak tacos are made with tender, flavour-packed slices of beef and topped with caramelized pineapple, kimchi, and spicy mayo.
Vegan Chickpea Tacos
When it comes to vegetarian tacos, these vegan chickpea tacos are some of the best. They are delicious, filling, easy to make, and loved by all.
Shrimp Avocado Tostadas
Shrimp avocado tostadas are a delicious, crunchy, quick and easy Mexican dish you can make in just 15 minutes, loaded with the best combination of toppings.
How to Serve Tacos
Serve tacos with your favorite Mexican Recipes and Mexican Side Dishes. I like to serve some dipping sauce on the side such as:
How to Store Tacos
- How to store: If planning to make tacos ahead of time or planning to have leftovers, assemble only what you are going to eat and store the filling, any sauce, and tortillas separately. Then, only assemble the tacos you’re ready to eat them. Check the specific recipe for storage details for the filling.
- How to reheat: Reheat tortillas over the stove for 30-60 seconds per side. To heat the filling, check specific recipe for details. Typically, you can reheat on the stovetop and sometimes in the oven or air fryer, depending on the recipe.
Did You Make Any of These Taco Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of the best taco recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Don't forget to sign up for my email newsletter so that you don't miss any recipes. You can also follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipe updates.Print
15 Best Tacos
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 tacos
- Diet: Gluten Free
Over 15 best taco recipes for Taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo, or any fiesta including beef tacos, chicken tacos, shrimp and fish tacos, and, vegetarian tacos. One of our favorites are these fish tacos.
For the fish:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon red pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound white fish (such as cod, snapper, tilapia)
For the lime crema:
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- zest from half a lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the slaw:
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ green onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
For assembling the tacos:
- 8 (6-inch) soft taco tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- Prepare the fish: Preheat oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, combine vegetable oil, lime juice, cumin, paprika, coriander, red pepper powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip the fish into the bowl and turn the fish until it is evenly coated with the marinade. Place the fish onto a lined baking tray and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Bake for 9-10 minutes until the fish is flaky when tested with a fork. Transfer the fish into a plate and break into smaller pieces using a fork.
- Make the lime crema: In a small bowl, whisk together all the crema ingredients (sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, and salt). Set aside.
- Make the slaw: In a large bowl, combine all the slaw ingredients (cabbage, cilantro, green onion, and garlic). Set aside.
- Heat the soft tortillas: Heat the soft tortillas according to the package instructions, or heat in an ungreased skillet over medium heat for 30 seconds per side. You can also heat it directly on a gas burner for a few seconds to get char marks on the edges.
- Assemble the tacos: Divide the fish evenly into each taco, top each taco with ¼ cup of slaw and sliced avocados (optional). Pour 1 tablespoon of crema on top.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Tacos
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: 15 best taco recipes, taco recipes, best taco recipes, how to make tacos,
Leave a Comment