When we are looking for a quick, easy, and delicious dinner to make on busy weeknights, meatballs always come to mind. They are typically ready in just 30 minutes, soak up different flavors and seasonings so well so you can completely customize them, and are loved by the whole family — kids and adults alike. So if you are wondering "how to make meatballs", you are in the right place. Today, we are sharing over 15 best meatball recipes including ground beef meatballs, ground turkey meatballs, vegetarian meatballs, saucy meatballs, and more. Serve almost all these meatballs on their own as a bite-sized appetizer on game day, over a bowl of rice, or wrapped in pita bread.
Best Ground Beef Meatballs
Sticky honey garlic meatballs are a delicious and flavourful 30-minute meal to add to your weekly dinner rotation. A total crowd pleaser.
Delicious, comforting homemade Swedish meatballs are seared and smothered in a creamy gravy sauce and taste so much better than IKEA meatballs.
Meatballs are probably my favorite of all ground beef recipes. These quick, easy homemade Italian meatballs are juicy, flavourful, and delicious, simmered in a rich and savoury tomato sauce. Make them in just 30 minutes.
Teriyaki meatballs are our latest go to weeknight dinner — quick and easy to cook in the air fryer or oven, saucy and flavorful, and freezer-friendly.
Baked Greek meatballs are juicy, tender, flavorful, and delicious. They are quick and easy to make in 30 minutes, and freezer-friendly. Serve with tzatziki.
Sweet and sour meatballs are quick, easy, delicious, and flavorful, tossed in a vegetable and pineapple stir fry with homemade sweet and sour sauce.
Cranberry Meatballs are sticky, sweet and tangy. These delicious bites are the perfect holiday appetizer, or a great way to use up leftover cranberry sauce.
Quick and easy spaghetti and meatballs is delicious, rich, comforting with tender beef meatballs simmered in a savoury tomato sauce. Make it in 30 minutes.
Lion's Head Chinese Meatballs are tender and juicy homemade pork meatballs packed with Asian seasonings and tossed in a sweet and sticky sauce.
Best Ground Turkey Meatball Recipes
Sweet chili turkey meatballs are delicious, tender and juicy, loaded with classic Thai flavors, and quick and easy to make. Savory, sweet, and tangy.
Thai Turkey Meatballs in Coconut Curry
Thai turkey meatballs in coconut curry are the perfect weeknight dinner when you want something delicious, healthy, flavorful, and satisfying.
When it comes to weeknight menu planning, baked turkey meatballs reign supreme. Say hello to dinner ready in under 20 minutes from prep to table!
Best Vegetarian Meatballs
Homemade falafel are delicious, golden brown and crispy on the outside, fluffy tender and soft inside. Plus, they're vegan, loaded with plant-based protein.
Quinoa Cauliflower and Chickpea Vegetarian Meatballs
Vegetarian meatballs are easy to make with a combination of quinoa, cauliflower, chickpeas and an assortment of spices and herbs, drizzled with a homemade tahini sauce.
Storing and Reheating Instructions
Meatballs store well, reheat well, and are freezer friendly. Refer to each recipe for full storage instructions, but generally:
- How to store: Store meatballs in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply reheat in a shallow saucepan on the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through (or in the microwave). You may need to add a little water if it has a sauce that has thickened up too much in the refrigerator.
- How to freeze: You can freeze the meatballs before tossing them into any sauce. Cook and let them cool down, then transfer into a freezer-safe airtight container or freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- How to reheat from frozen: Allow the meatballs to thaw overnight in the refrigerator first, then reheat on the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through.
More Popular Recipes
- 25 Best Ground Beef Recipes
- 10 Best Lasagna Recipes
- 10 Best Stuffed Peppers Recipes
- 60 Best Soup Recipes
- 40 Best Pasta Recipes
Did You Make Any of These Meatball Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of the best lasagna recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Don't forget to sign up for my email newsletter so that you don't miss any recipes. You can also follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipe updates.Print
15 Best Meatball Recipes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 15 minutes
Over 15 best meatball recipes including quick and easy ground beef meatballs, ground turkey meatballs, vegetarian meatballs, saucy meatballs, and more. One of my favorite lasagna recipes are these sticky honey garlic meatballs.
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onions, finely chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
For the honey garlic sauce:
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch (or flour)
- 2 tablespoons water
Prepare the Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef with bread crumbs, onion, green onions, egg, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well to form into a uniform consistency.
- Take 2 spoonfuls of beef mixture at a time and roll into 1.5-inch thick meatballs. Transfer the meatballs into a large half sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper and lightly coat with some oil to keep them from sticking, if needed.
- Bake for 15 minutes until fully cooked, and set aside. The internal temperature should reach 160F, as read on a meat thermometer.
Prepare the Honey Garlic Sauce:
- In a medium mixing bowl, add vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, garlic, cornstarch and water. Whisk well to combine until cornstarch and sugar dissolves.
- In a shallow saucepan, stir in sauce mixture and heat over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring until thickened to a desired consistency.
- Add the meatballs to the saucepan and toss well to coat evenly. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds and serve warm on its own or over a bowl of steamed rice or fried rice.
How to store: Store meatballs in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply reheat in a shallow saucepan on the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through (or in the microwave). You may need to add a little water if it has a sauce that has thickened up too much in the refrigerator.
How to freeze: You can freeze the meatballs before tossing them into any sauce. Cook and let them cool down, then transfer into a freezer-safe airtight container or freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to reheat from frozen: Allow the meatballs to thaw overnight in the refrigerator first, then reheat on the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Ground Beef
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: 15 best meatball recipes, meatball recipes, best meatball recipes, ground beef meatballs, ground turkey meatballs, meatballs
Leave a Comment