Over 15 best meatball recipes including quick and easy ground beef meatballs, ground turkey meatballs, vegetarian meatballs, saucy meatballs, and more. One of my favorite lasagna recipes are these sticky honey garlic meatballs.
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onions, finely chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
For the honey garlic sauce:
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch (or flour)
- 2 tablespoons water
Prepare the Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef with bread crumbs, onion, green onions, egg, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well to form into a uniform consistency.
- Take 2 spoonfuls of beef mixture at a time and roll into 1.5-inch thick meatballs. Transfer the meatballs into a large half sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper and lightly coat with some oil to keep them from sticking, if needed.
- Bake for 15 minutes until fully cooked, and set aside. The internal temperature should reach 160F, as read on a meat thermometer.
Prepare the Honey Garlic Sauce:
- In a medium mixing bowl, add vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, garlic, cornstarch and water. Whisk well to combine until cornstarch and sugar dissolves.
- In a shallow saucepan, stir in sauce mixture and heat over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring until thickened to a desired consistency.
- Add the meatballs to the saucepan and toss well to coat evenly. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds and serve warm on its own or over a bowl of steamed rice or fried rice.
How to store: Store meatballs in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply reheat in a shallow saucepan on the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through (or in the microwave). You may need to add a little water if it has a sauce that has thickened up too much in the refrigerator.
How to freeze: You can freeze the meatballs before tossing them into any sauce. Cook and let them cool down, then transfer into a freezer-safe airtight container or freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to reheat from frozen: Allow the meatballs to thaw overnight in the refrigerator first, then reheat on the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Ground Beef
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: 15 best meatball recipes, meatball recipes, best meatball recipes, ground beef meatballs, ground turkey meatballs, meatballs