Mini egg Easter cookies are crispy on the outside, and soft and chewy on the inside. Just how the perfect chocolate chip cookie should be. These festive holiday cookies are also the easiest cookies to make with under 10 minutes of prep, no chill time, and just 10 minutes to bake.
Mini egg Easter cookies also make the best gifts for family and friends, especially this year since we likely won't be spending time together in person this year. Or an even better idea would be to make a few other cookie options like Easter Egg Sugar Cookies, Bird's Nest Cookies, and Carrot Cake Shortbread Cookies and package them all up as gifts in cute Easter-themed holiday cookie boxes. Who wouldn't love to receive a package like that?
For more Easter treats, browse through my most popular Easter dessert recipes.
Ingredients in Mini Egg Easter Cookies
To make these easy mini egg Easter cookies, you will need the following pantry staples:
- sugar - light brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- large egg
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- mini chocolate eggs - I used Cadbury mini eggs because I like them best, but any brand of chocolate eggs will work.
- chocolate chips - I used semi-sweet chocolate chips.
How to Make the Best Mini Egg Easter Cookies
- Make the dough. In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer or stand mixer cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, and beat on low until incorporated. Add flour, baking soda, salt, halved mini eggs, and chocolate chips, and stir with a large spatula until just combined.
- Shape the cookie balls. Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Place the cookie balls spaced 2 inches apart on a large half sheet baking tray lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Press in extra whole mini eggs into the top of the cookies.
- Bake. Bake in a 350 F preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until edges just start to brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE. The cookies may not look done in the middle, but they will continue to cook as they are cooling. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool in the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Storing and Freezing Instructions
- How to store: Store mini egg Easter cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- How to freeze baked cookies: These mini egg cookies freeze very well. Let them cool completely first, then store in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
- How to freeze cookie dough: To freeze the cookie dough before baking, scoop out and roll the dough into cookie balls and place on a lined baking sheet. Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and freeze for 1 hour until hard. Then, transfer the cookie dough balls into a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months. To bake, thaw the cookie dough balls in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature until thawed. Then, bake according to recipe instructions.
More Cookie Recipes
- Easter Egg Sugar Cookies
- Bird's Nest Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
- M&M Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Slice and Bake Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.