Mini egg Easter cookies are the perfect chocolate chip cookie -- crispy on the outside, and soft and chewy on the inside. Make in under 20 minutes.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate eggs, halved
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate eggs, whole
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer or stand mixer cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla, and beat on low until incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, halved mini eggs, and chocolate chips, and stir with a large spatula until just combined.
- Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Place the cookie balls spaced 2 inches apart on a large half sheet baking tray lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Press in extra whole mini eggs into the top of the cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges just start to brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE. The cookies may not look done in the middle, but they will continue to cook as they are cooling. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool in the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
How to store: Store mini egg cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to one week.
How to freeze cookie dough: To freeze the cookie dough before baking, scoop out and roll the dough into cookie balls and place on a lined baking sheet. Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and freeze for 1 hour until hard. Then, transfer the cookie dough balls into a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months. To bake, thaw the cookie dough balls in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature until thawed. Then, bake according to recipe instructions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mini egg easter cookies, mini egg cookies, easter cookies, easter cookies with mini eggs, cadbury mini eggs