3-ingredient immune-boosting ginger turmeric tea has been part of my daily life for a while, especially during the winter months to boost my immune system with its powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. And with all that is going on in the world right now, it is more important than ever to take care of our immune systems. So while we are staying at home, self-isolating, social distancing and trying to flatten the curve during this covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, let’s add another preventative measure by building up our immune systems.
How to Make Immunity-Boosting Tea
To make this turmeric ginger tea, you will need to steep a few incredible, powerhouse ingredients together: ginger, turmeric, and black pepper. I usually make the tea in a small saucepan, and then pour it into a teapot with a strainer to hold back all the chunky bits. When my hubby makes this, he likes the drink his tea with all the chunky bits. So how you decide to serve this is really based on your own personal preference.
How Ginger Turmeric Tea Boosts Your Immunity
Let’s take a look at how each of the key ingredients supports the immune system:
- Ginger is one of those foods that is bursting with immune-boosting benefits. It has strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects which boosts your immune system and keeps it healthy.
- Ginger is antibacterial so it helps support your immune system. It has been shown in a study to offer benefits against some drug-resistant bacteria.
- Ginger is antiviral and has been shown in a study to stimulate the immune system to kill viruses, including respiratory viruses.
- Ginger has been shown to activate the immune system in preventing and treating cancer cells.
- Turmeric is another natural food that boosts your immune system, even in people with immune disorders. It has one of the highest anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties as well.
- Turmeric has antiviral and anti-fungal properties.
- Turmeric has been shown to activate the immune system in preventing and treating cancer cells.
- Turmeric improves brain function and working memory, lowers the risk of brain disease and lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Black Pepper
- Black pepper has also been shown to enhance the immune system. It, too, contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Black pepper has also been shown to contain anti-bacterial properties and fever reducing.
- Black pepper is especially essential in this tea because it increases the bioavailability, or in other words, it significantly increases the body’s absorption of ginger and turmeric.
These ingredients are magic, but I have to be honest with you guys… this stuff does not taste great. It is bitter, a little spicy, and not my go to tea for drinking when curled up with a book. This stuff means business.
3-ingredient immune-boosting ginger turmeric tea is the ultimate daily boost for your immune system, containing some powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh turmeric, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- pinch of ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, turn off heat and allow contents to sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a mug through a strainer or sieve to hold back the solid pieces (optional), and drink immediately.
- If you cannot get your hands on fresh turmeric, you can substitute it for 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Category: Drink