Easter is just around the corner! And what better way to kick off the Easter baking season than with a decadent easter egg caramel brownie? Yes, please!!
Seriously, put away that box mix. Once you try these homemade brownies, you will never go back!! This stuff is rich, fudgy and full of classic mini chocolate eggs which are melting inside. Plus, the addition of caramel sauce takes regular brownies to a whole new level. We all know how amazingly well chocolate and caramel go together so it's a no brainer that this stuff is going to be one addictive plate of heaven.
One bite of this stuff and you will know what I am talking about. The bitterness of dark chocolate is enhanced by the sweet taste of caramel oh so beautifully. Easter egg caramel brownies are gooey, chewy and it has that amazing thin crackly crust on top. And it sure doesn't hurt that these are so easy to whip up. In literally 15 minutes you can have this in the oven and out 20 minutes later. It's kind of the perfect last minute recipe when you're all in a hurry but want to impress your guests with something fabulous.
To serve, I top with more chocolate eggs (hey, you can never have too much!), chocolate sauce, and extra caramel sauce. The chocolate eggs bring a great crunch to the brownies and add a charming festive colour to each treat. These brownies will look so good on your Easter table!
These homemade easter egg caramel brownies are rich, fudgy, chocolatey and full of classic mini chocolate eggs and taken to a whole new level with caramel!
- 3 oz.(90 g) milk chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 3 oz. (90 g) dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1/3 cup (40 g) cocoa powder
- 1 and 3/4 cup (170 g) cake flour
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 6 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 8 oz. package mini Easter chocolate eggs
Optional (for decoration):
- 3 tablespoons chocolate sauce
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare a large cake tin (square or rectangle, around 9 x 13 inches) . Grease the sides of the tin with oil and set aside.
- Melt milk chocolate and dark chocolate together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water, or you will burn the chocolate. Stir until melted and mixed. Remove from the heat, add cocoa powder. Stir well to combine. Set aside and allow to cool a little.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add softened butter, eggs and sugar. Mix with an electric mixer until well combined, around 4 minutes. Divide between two bowls.
- Stir the melted chocolate into one of the bowls, and the toffee sauce into another. Stir well.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the baking tin. Carefully level the mixture with a spatula. Spoon the toffee mixture on top. Using a skewer, lightly ripple the top. Scatter half of the mini eggs on top.
- Place tin in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. You will know that the brownies are done by testing with a toothpick in the center, it should come out with only a few crumbs.
- Once baked, cool on a wire rack. Cool completely before cutting into squares (I place mine in the fridge for about 1 hour to firm up). Cut into squares to serve and top with the remaining mini Eggs. You can also drizzle chocolate sauce and toffee sauce on top.
- I bake these brownies in one large baking tin, but if you find it easier to use 2 smaller tins (as there’s less risk of overcooking the brownies), then only bake for 17 minutes instead of 20.
- You can pop the chocolate mini eggs in the freezer for a couple of hours before using them to prevent them from collapsing completely when baked. Although, they are really good when totally melted :).
- Category: Dessert