This Apple Cider Vinegar Turmeric Detox Drink is one of the healthiest ways to start your day. Drink one cup in the morning to help clear toxins from your body, aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients, and boost energy.
My new year's resolution is to be healthier and take better care of myself — and this apple cider vinegar tea is going to do just that. It's packed with some incredible health benefits. The best part? It is quick and easy to make with just a handful of ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry.
Why You’ll Love this Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
- It’s loaded with powerful ingredients. As the name suggests, this drink consists of apple cider vinegar and turmeric, and it also has lemon juice. Each of these ingredients are powerhouses on their own, so when they come together magic happens. Yes, magic.
- A healthy boost in the mornings. I like drinking apple cider vinegar tea every morning to help start my day right. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with health benefits including clearing toxins from your body, inducing digestion, and boosting energy — a great start to the day.
- It has immune-boosting properties. This cleanse drink is also great for helping to prevent getting sick and for fighting off colds if you are already side. It's a great cold remedy that can sooth a sore throat and clear a stuffy nose.
To make this simple Apple Cider Vinegar Turmeric Detox Drink, you will need the following ingredients (full measurements in recipe card below):
- hot water
- apple cider vinegar
- lemon juice - I recommend freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor.
- pure maple syrup - feel free to substitute with honey or another sweetener that you like. You can also adjust the amount that you add and add more or less based on your desired level of sweetness.
- turmeric - we use ground turmeric in this recipe. You can also substitute with ¾ teaspoon of fresh grated turmeric.
- cayenne pepper powder
You will also need measuring cups and spoons and a glass or mug.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar and Turmeric
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is kind of amazing. It has a long list of proven benefits including:
- boosts immune system
- acts as a cold remedy (it soothes a sore throat and clears a stuffy nose!)
- boosts energy
- prevents indigestion
- regulates blood sugar level
- lowers cholesterol
- reduces risk of heart disease
- may prevent cancer
- benefits the skin (it acts as a dandruff treatment and a skin toner to clear acne!)
- aids in weight loss!
Turmeric is also incredibly amazing. Here's just some of the reasons why:
- a strong antioxidant (it can improve skin conditions and delay aging!)
- has strong anti-inflammatory effects (including helping with arthritis)
- acts as an anti-depressant
- prevents and treats cancer
- improves brain function
- lowers the risk of brain disease (including Alzheimer's disease!)
- lowers the risk of heart disease
Like I said, it's magic. Just imagine the combination of these two in your body. Fireworks. But I am not going to lie, this stuff does not taste very pleasant. It's the kind of drink that I plug my nose and gulp it down. I guess you just can't have it all!
How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar Turmeric Detox Drink
This apple cider vinegar drink is probably the easiest drink you'll ever make. You just combine all ingredients (including hot water, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, turmeric, and cayenne pepper) into your drinking glass. Stir with a spoon to combine. Then, drink immediately.
FAQ and Recipe Tips
Can I drink this apple cider vinegar tea every day?
Yes, you can! Because apple cider vinegar is so acidic, it is not recommended to take apple cider vinegar shots. We have diluted it with lots of water in this detox drink for a healthy drink.
How do I store apple cider vinegar and turmeric detox drink?
Individually, the ingredients in this recipe can be stored for a long time. However, once they are mixed, I would recommend only storing it for one day in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This apple cider vinegar drink is best served fresh and since this recipe only makes one cup, it's really easy to ensure that there are no leftovers.
More Drink Recipes
- Ginger Turmeric Tea
- Iced Latte
- Matcha Milk Tea
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Peach Iced Tea
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Apple Cider Vinegar Turmeric Detox Drink is a healthy way to start the day— clears toxins, aids in digestion and absorption of nutrients, and boosts energy.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ tablespoon pure maple syrup (or honey), or more to taste (optional, to sweeten)
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- pinch of cayenne pepper powder
- In a drinking glass, combine all ingredients including hot water, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir with a spoon to combine.
- Drink immediately.
Maple syrup substitutes: feel free to substitute with honey or another sweetener that you like. You can also adjust the amount that you add and add more or less based on your desired level of sweetness.
Using fresh turmeric: we use ground turmeric in this recipe. You can also substitute with ¾ teaspoon of fresh grated turmeric.
How to store: Individually, the ingredients in this recipe can be stored for a long time. However, once they are mixed, I would recommend only storing it for one day in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This apple cider vinegar drink is best served fresh and since this recipe only makes one cup, it's really easy to ensure that there are no leftovers.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple cider turmeric detox drink, apple cider turmeric tea, turmeric tea, detox tea, apple cider detox