Apple Cider Vinegar Turmeric Detox Drink is a healthy way to start the day— clears toxins, aids in digestion and absorption of nutrients, and boosts energy.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or honey), or more to taste (optional, to sweeten)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- pinch of cayenne pepper powder
- In a drinking glass, combine all ingredients including hot water, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir with a spoon to combine.
- Drink immediately.
Maple syrup substitutes: feel free to substitute with honey or another sweetener that you like. You can also adjust the amount that you add and add more or less based on your desired level of sweetness.
Using fresh turmeric: we use ground turmeric in this recipe. You can also substitute with 3/4 teaspoon of fresh grated turmeric.
How to store: Individually, the ingredients in this recipe can be stored for a long time. However, once they are mixed, I would recommend only storing it for one day in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This apple cider vinegar drink is best served fresh and since this recipe only makes one cup, it's really easy to ensure that there are no leftovers.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple cider turmeric detox drink, apple cider turmeric tea, turmeric tea, detox tea, apple cider detox