It’s officially back to school/back to work season (especially for me), as I took a long break over the summer to travel which meant cutting down on my blog posts. But I am back in full-swing and sharing two recipes with you every week! So with all the craziness going on with getting back into a proper full-time work routine, I welcome anything that makes things a little less hectic in the morning! Thankfully breakfast on the go has never been easier thanks to these no bake protein-packed breakfast energy bites.
Make a batch of these when you get home from work and have breakfast lined up and ready to go for days! Nothing needs to be cooked or reheated, simply combine real wholesome ingredients, form into individual bite size pieces, and make your morning routine a little simpler.
Peanut butter and oats are already a match made in heaven. Add a tablespoon (or more!) of protein powder and chia seeds to help keep you full till lunch. The nuts add a welcome crunch, and the chocolate is just for fun. But trust me, it’s a worthwhile addition.
You will not be able to resist these little cuties. They are also perfect with a cup of coffee!
Line up breakfast for days with these no bake protein-packed breakfast energy bites that can be made ahead of time! No cooking or reheating required, simply combine real wholesome ingredients, form into individual bite size pieces, and make your morning routine a little simpler.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cashews, roasted
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons shaved chocolate or chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter (or other nut butter), oats, protein powder, chia seeds, and vanilla extract.
- Place cashews and slivered almonds into the bowl of a food processor, then blend until finely ground, about 1 minute. Add to peanut butter mixture, then stir using a spatula until well combined. Add shaved chocolate or chocolate chips then fold into the mix. You may need to use your hands to combine it all together — if so, wet your hands slightly first.
- Let mixture cool in fridge for about 20 minutes, then use your hands to roll out into 12 small bite size balls. Store in an airtight container.