Today's breakfast consisted of creamy Greek yogurt, crunchy homemade granola, and fresh fruit all layered together with an optional drizzle of honey on top in this super simple fruit and yogurt parfait with granola. It is so quick and easy to make in less than 5 minutes. Perfect for a delicious and healthy breakfast, snack or even dessert.
How to Make the Best Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
A fruit and yogurt parfait is a layered dish consisting of layers of:
- Greek yogurt - I used a non-fat Greek yogurt. I also prefer it plain because I find that plain yogurt allows the natural sweet taste of the fruits and granola to truly be recognized. You can also use regular yogurt, but the parfait might not hold its shape as nicely.
- granola - I made my own granola for this. I prefer homemade granola because you know exactly what is in the granola and can eliminate any unnecessary sugars. Try my homemade almond pecan granola or coconut maple walnut granola. Both are amazing in this parfait and so easy to make (just 5 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to bake).
- fruit - I used blueberries but feel free to use any fruit that you have on hand. Just chop up into bite sized pieces.
Are Parfaits Healthy?
When made right, parfaits make an excellent healthy choice for breakfast.
- Yogurt provides calcium and protein in addition other nutrients.
- Fruits add important nutrients, including vitamin c, amounts of which will vary on the type of fruit of fruit that you add.
- Granola is loaded with fiber and can be low in fat and sugar.
But be wary of purchasing parfaits at your local cafe or franchise restaurants. They may appear to be healthy when in reality, you may be putting high amounts of fats and sugars into your body. Parfaits make a healthy breakfast choice only when created with non-fat yogurt and when it is low in sugar. That's why you are sooo much better off making your own parfait.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
- Mango Pineapple Tropical Smoothie Bowl
- Triple Berry French Toast
- Small Batch Strawberry Jam
- Banana Toast with Granola and Honey
- Glazed Lemon Blueberry Scones
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.