Spring is in the air and Easter is right around the corner. So, let's bring out the Easter recipes! I'm getting festive this week with these adorable no bake butterscotch and peanut butter bird's nest cookies. Now that's a mouthful!
These are my favourite Easter cookies to make (and to be honest, the only Easter cookies that I make apart from easter egg sugar cookies). Not only is it fun to make something that is so aesthetically appealing, but everyone that I share these with fall in love with them. I know that my husband and I could finish all of these at home in one day, but I have decided to pawn them off as mini Easter gifts to some of our friends.
How to Make Butterscotch and Peanut Butter Bird's Nest Cookies
What's so great about these cookies is that they are so easy to make that even the kids can help out. There are only 4 ingredients that you need to gather:
- chow mein noodles - yup, you read that right!
- butterscotch chips
- peanut butter
- chocolate eggs -I use Cadbury chocolate mini eggs because I just can't live without them this time of year and they fit perfectly in these nests.
Just based on the fact that there are only 4 ingredients, you can assume that this recipe really cannot be that complicated. And you've got that right. There is no baking involved just a little stove-top butterscotch chips and peanut butter melting action. Within 5 minutes, your nests have been created and after a cooling period of 10 more minutes, you are ready to add chocolate eggs to your nests and start eating these adorable creations. So go ahead and bring the kids on in the fun!
More Easter Dessert Recipes
- Easter Egg Sugar Cookies
- Mini Egg Easter Cookies
- Carrot Cake Shortbread Cookies
- Easter Egg Caramel Brownies
- Carrot Cake with Cheesecake Topping
- Spiced Carrot Muffins
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Spring is in the air and Easter is right around the corner. This calls for a batch of adorable no bake butterscotch and peanut butter bird's nest cookies.
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- ¼ cup chocolate eggs (such as Cadbury mini eggs)
- Melt the butterscotch chips with the peanut butter in a wide saucepan over low heat. Stir continuously until melted.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl of the chow mein noodles and stir to combine.
- Fill up each compartment of a muffin tray with a spoonful of this mixture. (Note: to aid in removal of the cookies when set, use a silicone muffin tray or line your muffin tray with cupcake liners).
- Let cool for 10 minutes and remove from the tray. Be careful when you are removing the nests, as to not break them.
- Add in some chocolate Easter eggs (I used Cadbury mini eggs).
To aid in removal of the cookies when set: Use a silicone muffin tray or line your muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes (+10 minutes cooling time)
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake butterscotch and peanut butter bird's nest cookies, easter cookies, bird's nest cookies, mini eggs cookies