Got less than 5 minutes to spare? Well, that’s all the time you need to make the perfect dip for your next summer fiesta. That’s right folks, easy 5-ingredient salsa has arrived.
You really don’t need store-bought salsa anymore because it’s soooo easy to make your own and so much healthier and tastier. Who doesn’t want freshly chopped ingredients over “rehydrated” vegetables that happen to be a common ingredient in the store-bought stuff. Plus, if you are like me, I almost never finish store-bought salsa before it expires…
So go and grab the 5 required ingredients and let’s get started! You’ll need tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice, and some salt. To give it a spicy kick, you will also need jalapeño peppers. You basically just combine all the ingredients together and you’ve got yourself a bowl of salsa. I told you it was easy!
Pair this salsa with a plate of tortilla chips and dip away! You can also use this on top of baked nachos, tacos, or as a spread in a burrito… it basically goes with pretty much any Mexican-style meal that you can think of.
Got less than 5 minutes to spare? Well, that’s all the time you need to make the perfect, easy 5-ingredient salsa for your next summer fiesta.
- 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices jalapeño pepper (optional)
- Combine all ingredients together in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached (I like to keep the salsa chunky).
- For a spicy salsa, add jalapeño peppers. To keep the salsa mild, omit the jalapeño peppers.
- Serve in a bowl alongside tortilla chips and dip away!