It's New Year's Eve tomorrow, and you are scrambling for the perfect holiday appetizer to serve at your big bash. Well, say hello to the most perfect answer! Curried white bean crostini with toasted pepitas. Sophisticated ingredients, simple to make, and never disappoints.
And if you like curry, you will go crazy for these. And the toasted pumpkin seeds add a much needed crunch and also a hint of sweetness from the cinnamon. The flavors will literally burst in your mouth with every single bite. So why only make this for New Years? This crostini is perfect for literally any other occasion or non-occasions. Think, busy family dinners when you need to snack on something before the main attraction!
Added bonus? Well, I've got 2 to start.
- You can whip them up, and serve in under 15 minutes.
- They are dairy-free and vegan! No cheese, no cream, no yogurt. Just straight up cannellini beans blended until smooth and warmed up with cozy, comforting spices.
Curried white bean crostini is all around so delicious, so crowd pleasing, and most importantly, SO easy to pull together! What are you waiting for?
Curried white bean crostini with toasted pepitas is the perfect, sophisticated holiday appetizer that is ready to serve in under 15 minutes.
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of half a lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 french baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine cannellini beans, lemon juice, garlic, curry powder, and salt. Pulse until smooth. Then, with the speed on low, slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning adding more salt as necessary.
- In a small skillet, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add pepitas, sprinkle with cinnamon, and cook for 5 minutes, tossing every minute so they don’t burn.
- Preheat an oven to 375 F. Place sliced baguette on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil (about 2 tablespoons). Bake for 7 minutes, or until crisp and light golden brown.
- Top each warm crostini with curried white beans and sprinkle on a few toasted pepitas. Serve immediately or at room temperature.