Curried white bean crostini with toasted pepitas is the perfect, sophisticated holiday appetizer that is ready to serve in under 15 minutes.
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of half a lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 french baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine cannellini beans, lemon juice, garlic, curry powder, and salt. Pulse until smooth. Then, with the speed on low, slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning adding more salt as necessary.
- In a small skillet, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add pepitas, sprinkle with cinnamon, and cook for 5 minutes, tossing every minute so they don’t burn.
- Preheat an oven to 375 F. Place sliced baguette on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil (about 2 tablespoons). Bake for 7 minutes, or until crisp and light golden brown.
- Top each warm crostini with curried white beans and sprinkle on a few toasted pepitas. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: <5 minutes