Sometimes the most simple meals are the best ones. This 5-minute avocado bagel with microgreens is just that. A toasted everything bagel loaded with cream cheese, sliced avocado, freshly cracked black pepper, and a nice helping of microgreens. It's perfect for a busy morning or lunch.
What is in this Avocado Bagel?
This recipe is ridiculously easy and requires just a few ingredients:
- bagel - I used my easy homemade everything bagels. Feel free to substitute with other bagel flavours.
- cream cheese - I used plain cream cheese, but a herbed cream cheese would also be really nice in this.
- vegetables - I added half an avocado, sliced. Feel free to add in some tomatoes, cucumber and red onions.
- greens - I used microgreens. I also like to substitute with alfalfa or arugula.
- seasoning - I seasoned this with a pinch of freshly ground black pepper.
This bagel sandwich also completely customizable. Add in any other ingredients that you have on hand. Some of my favourites to use are smoked salmon, red onions, tomatoes and cucumbers.
How to Make the Best Avocado Bagel with Microgreens
First, slice your bagel in half and toast it. Then, spread cream cheese on the bottom half of the bagel, and add sliced avocado on top. Sprinkle a pinch of black pepper on top. Top with microgreens and cover with the top half of the bagel.
Tips for Making the Best Bagel Sandwiches
- Make it fresh. Because it is so quick and easy to make, I find it's best to prepare these sandwiches fresh. This way, the bagel will be nice and toasty when you eat it.
- Customize the ingredients. I used an everything bagel, but feel free to use whatever bagel that you have on hand. You can also add in any other ingredients that you have on hand. Some of my favourites include smoked salmon, red onions, tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Make your own bagels. If you have the time, I highly recommend making your own everything bagels. They are surprisingly easy to make and taste like bakery-style bagels but even better, because you made them!
More Sandwich Recipes
- Tuna Melt Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Roasted Broccoli Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 15-Minute Fish Burgers with Creamy Slaw
- Vegan Hummus Wrap
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of the recipe. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
This simple and fully customizable avocado bagel with cream cheese is loaded with cream cheese, avocado, and microgreens. Such an easy breakfast or lunch!
- 1 everything bagel, sliced in half and toasted
- 1-2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- pinch of ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup microgreens
- Spread cream cheese on the bottom half of the bagel. Add sliced avocado and sprinkle a pinch of black pepper on top.
- Top with microgreens and cover with the top half of the bagel.
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Toasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: avocado bagel, cream cheese bagel, bagel sandwich, avocado sandwich