Simple tomato cucumber avocado salad is a light and refreshing salad that you need in your back pocket. This quick and easy recipe comes together in literally 5 minutes. It's loaded with tomato, cucumber, and avocado, with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro, and tossed in a delicious lemon dressing. It's the perfect salad to throw together when you are craving something healthy and delicious quick.
Why You'll Love Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- It’s so easy to make. Tomato cucumber avocado salad is one of the easiest recipes you’ll come across (if not the easiest). Simply chop your three veggies and toss them together. It's perfect for newbies in the kitchen, families who want to get kids involved in the kitchen, and those who just don’t have a lot of time on their hands.
- Enjoy it all year round. I love salads. I could eat salad all day and all night. And the best part of this salad is that it is not limited to seasonal ingredients. It's packed with ingredients that you can find at your grocery store all year long. So whenever your salad craving hits (and trust me, it will happen often with this one!), you can enjoy a plate of delicious fresh tomato cucumber avocado salad, no matter what time of the year it is.
- Simple dressing. The lemon dressing is also very easy to make and requires only 4 simple ingredients -- lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Plus, you likely have most of these ingredients in your house right now.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this easy and simple tomato avocado cucumber salad, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in recipe card below):
- grape tomatoes - You can also use cherry tomatoes sliced in half. If you only have regular tomatoes on hand, cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- cucumber - You will need about 1 cup of cucumbers (about ½ large English cucumber). Feel free to replace with a different kind of cucumber that you have on hand. I often use 1-2 Persian cucumbers and just slice them instead of quartering them.
- cilantro - Or you can substitute with fresh parsley or dill, if you prefer.
- lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
This salad is extremely versatile and you can customize it however you please. For instance, some of my favorite ingredients to add in are red onions, feta cheese, sunflower seeds, or minced garlic.
How to Make the Best Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad
First, combine tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, and cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Then, in a small mixing bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper until smooth and combined. Pour dressing the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Make ahead instructions: The great thing about this salad is that you can make a big batch at once and store it in airtight container or divide and store in meal prep containers for lunches throughout the week. I would recommend keeping the dressing separate and only add it to the salad that you are consuming that day. This will keep the veggies super crisp.
- How to store: Store tomato cucumber avocado salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Double up: This recipe makes a salad that can serve one very hungry person, or 2-3 side salads. Easily double the quantities to feed a larger crowd.
More Salad Recipes with Cucumber
- Greek Salad with Lettuce
- Persian Shirazi Salad with Tomato and Cucumber
- Chinese Garlic Cucumber Salad
- Chickpea Greek Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Don't forget to sign up for my email newsletter so that you don't miss any recipes. You can also follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more recipe updates.
Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Diet: Vegan
Simple tomato cucumber avocado salad with a delicious lemon dressing is a light and refreshing salad that comes together in literally 5 minutes.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ large English cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 + ½ tablespoons lemon juice (roughly from ½ lemon)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, add tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, and cilantro.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper until smooth and combined.
- Pour dressing the salad and toss gently to combine.
Make ahead instructions: The great thing about this salad is that you can make a big batch at once and store it in airtight container or divide and store in meal prep containers for lunches throughout the week. I would recommend keeping the dressing separate and only add it to the salad that you are consuming that day. This will keep the veggies super crisp.
How to store: Store tomato cucumber avocado salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Double up: This recipe makes a salad that can serve one very hungry person, or 2-3 side salads. Easily double the quantities to feed a larger crowd.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tomato cucumber avocado salad, tomato cucumber salad with avocado, easy salad with tomatoes cucumber and avocado
This post was original published in 2016. It has been completely updated with new content and photographs.
R U S S says
I love love love salads myself and this is one salad recipe that I will definitely try. I'm even going to put my favorite cheese with this - yummy!
Sam | Ahead of Thyme says
Yum!! Enjoy 🙂
Kathy Myers says
I love this salad, it is quick easy and so healthy. I make it for our church potluck a lot!!
Julia Groves says
Oooh this looks super delicious and healthy too!
Melanie Smith says
It looks so delicious! And it is really easy, I think I will try it.
Amy Jones says
Delicious, simple and healthy, I'm so in!
Liz Mays says
I'm loving that you added cilantro and sunflower seeds. I am going to add this into my late summer picnic party. Yummy!
Sam | Ahead of Thyme says
Thanks, Liz! Enjoy 🙂