Healthy and light, goat cheese and tangelo winter salad with creamy caesar dressing is flavourful, crunchy and takes just minutes to prepare.
- 1 (4.5 oz) package baby romaine lettuce (or any spring mixed greens)
- 2 tangelos
- 4 medium radishes, ends trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2-3 oz. goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup caesar dressing, store-bought or homemade
- Divide romaine lettuce equally between 6 plates, or arrange on one large platter.
- Supreme the tangelos by trimming off both ends so they will stand up easily on a cutting board. Using a sharp pairing knife, begin cutting from the top of the fruit down to the bottom, following the shape of the fruit, removing only the pith. Carefully slice the segments out, following the natural lines of the membranes which divide each segment. Place tangelo supremes in a small bowl. Squeeze the remaining juice from the membrane into a separate small bowl and set aside.
- Layer the tangelos, sliced radishes, and goat cheese on top of the romaine lettuce. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine caesar dressing (or other creamy dressing) with remaining juice from the tangelos, one teaspoon at a time. Whisk thoroughly, taste, and add more juice as needed to add a subtle tangelo flavour. Serve salad with dressing drizzled on top or on the side.
Enjoy this feel good (and good for you!) tangelo winter salad with a crusty French baguette alongside your favourite light entree such as a warm and cozy bowl of soup. This salad pairs really nicely with light cream of broccoli soup or creamy tomato potato soup.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: goat cheese and tangelo winter salad, tangelo salad, tangelo salad with goat cheese, winter citrus salad