Start eating healthier this year with goat cheese and tangelo winter salad with creamy dressing. It only takes 10 minutes to prepare!
- 1 (4.5 oz) package baby romaine lettuce, or your favorite spring mixed greens
- 2 tangelos
- 4 medium radishes, end trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2–3 oz. goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup caesar dressing (store-bought or homemade)
- Divide romaine lettuce equally between 6 plates, or arrange on one large platter.
- Supreme the tangelos by trimming off both ends so they will stand up easily on a cutting board. Using a sharp pairing knife, begin cutting from the top of the fruit down to the bottom, following the shape of the fruit, removing only the pith. Carefully slice the segments out, following the natural lines of the membranes which divide each segment. Place tangelo supremes in a small bowl. Squeeze the remaining juice from the membrane into a separate small bowl and set aside.
- Layer the tangelos, sliced radishes, and goat cheese on top of the romaine. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine caesar dressing (or other creamy dressing) with remaining juice from the tangelos, 1 teaspoon at a time. Whisk thoroughly, taste, and add more juice as needed to add a subtle tangelo flavor. Serve salad with dressing drizzled on top or served on the side.