Chopped asparagus salad with Greek lemon dressing is the easiest and best spring salad ever - colourful, vibrant, flavourful, light, and crunchy.
- 1/4 lb. asparagus (about half bunch), trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Persian cucumbers, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and add asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of ice water. Let cool, then drain.
- In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, asparagus chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, cucumber, olives and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Add more salt and black pepper to taste.
How to blanch cook the asparagus: Make sure to blanch cook the asparagus for 2 minutes only, then immediately immerse them in ice water to stop the cooking process. This will ensure that the asparagus retains its crunch instead of getting too soft and limp.
How to serve: Chopped asparagus salad is the perfect side to a spring entree, or as a side dish on an Easter holiday menu.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: chopped asparagus salad, chopped salad with asparagus, easy asparagus salad, asparagus salad, spring salad with asparagus