Delicious and stunning arugula and roasted carrot salad combines the delicious flavours of lemon juice, sweet carrots, creamy goat cheese, and spicy arugula. Plus, it’s so easy to prepare!
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls arugula
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese, crumbled
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 325 F (use a grill-function if you can).
- Place the carrots onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven. Roast (or grill) both sides for 5-6 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- To serve, divide the arugula leaves between two serving bowls. Add the carrots and top with the goat cheese. Drizzle with lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with toasted sunflower seeds.