Air fryer chicken thighs are the crispiest, tastiest, and juiciest chicken you'll eat. They take just 25 minutes to cook — perfect for busy weeknights.
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on (about 4 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Place chicken thighs in a large sealable ziploc bag. Add oil and all seasoning. Seal the bag and shake well. Press the air out of the bag and make sure it’s tightly sealed. Press the seasoning around the chicken to coat (You can also marinate it in a bowl covered with plastic cling wrap). Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the air fryer to 375F, about 5 minutes. Place the thighs (skin side up) in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 25-28 minutes until the skin turns crispy and golden brown to your desired level of crispiness. The internal temperature for the chicken should reach 165F as read on a meat thermometer.
- Serve immediately with your favorite side dish or veggies like Mashed Potatoes, Air Fryer Garlic Green Beans, or Air Fryer Broccoli.
Don’t overcrowd your air fryer: If your air fryer is on the smaller side, you'll need to cook your chicken thighs in batches. Overcrowding your air fryer will make it impossible for the skin on your chicken thighs to get crispy and delicious. Trust me, it’s worth the wait.
How to bake in the oven: Preheat the oven to 400F. Arrange the marinated chicken thighs on a quarter sheet baking pan and bake for 35 minutes until the skin is crispy and the internal temperature for the chicken reaches 165 F as read on a meat thermometer. Turn over once halfway through baking. Optionally, turn the broiler on high and cook for another 2-3 minutes until nicely charred.
How to grill chicken thighs: Preheat the grill to 350 F over medium heat. Place the chicken thighs on the grill and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side until nicely charred and the internal temperature for the chicken reaches 165 F as read on a meat thermometer. Flip occasionally to avoid overcooking.
How to store: Make sure to let the air fryer chicken thighs cool to room temperature before storing. This helps keep the crispy skin crispy. Place them in an airtight container or wrap them in aluminum foil. They will last in the refrigerator for three to four days.
How to reheat: Reheat leftover chicken thighs in the air fryer at 350F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Marinate Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer chicken thighs, how to make chicken thighs in the air fryer, air fried chicken thighs, air fryer chicken