This intimate small Thanksgiving menu for four has all the nostalgic classics and new favourites including mains, sides, soup, salad, appys, dessert and more.
- 1-2 snacks and appetizers
- 1 main course (choose from turkey, chicken, or lamb)
- 2-3 side dishes (choose from potato side dishes, vegetable side dishes, stuffing and more)
- 1 soup and/or salad
- 1 bread
- 1 dessert
- Plan your menu ahead of time. You can prepare some of these Thanksgiving dishes in advance. Some can be frozen and reheated from frozen, others can be made and stored in an airtight container for a few days at room temperature or in the refrigerator, according to recipe directions.
- The turkey should be made fresh on the day of serving.
- Some sides should be made fresh on the day of serving, but many can be prepared in advance, stored in the refrigerator and reheated. Some easy make ahead sides are easy make ahead cranberry sauce, creamy mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, and creamy garlic mashed cauliflower.
- All soup can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Salads can be prepared in advance (chopping vegetables and mixing the dressing ingredients together), and assembled before serving.
- Most dessert can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container either at room temperature or in the refrigerator . Some can even be made weeks in advance, frozen, and reheated in the oven.
- You can mix homemade and storebought. There is nothing wrong with getting some help by incorporating storebought items into your menu. If baking a Thanksgiving dessert is stressing you out, then just pick up a pie from the store instead. Does the sound of peeling and cubing a whole butternut squash for a butternut squash soup sound like too much work? No problem, pick up some pre-cubed butternut squash from the local grocery store.
- Prep your ingredients as much as possible. Once you have decided on the dishes to serve, prepare as much as you can in advance. Whether that is chopping vegetables, beating eggs, or preparing salad dressings. You can store all your prepared ingredients in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- Set the table the night before. Take out the fancy dinnerware, flatware, glasses, placemats, and napkins and set the table the night before. It's one less thing to worry about on Thanksgiving.
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: Thanksgiving
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 500
Keywords: small thanksgiving menu for four, small thanksgiving menu, easy thanksgiving menu, thanksgiving dinner menu, thanksgiving recipes