Quick and easy Mediterranean orzo pasta salad packed with fresh vegetables and herbs is tossed in a Greek lemon vinaigrette. It's healthy, light and delicious.
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 1 + 1/2 cups grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes), halved (about 20 grape tomatoes)
- 1 + 1/2 cups mini cucumbers, halved and sliced (3 mini cucumbers)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (or parsley), chopped
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Cook orzo pasta in a pot of boiling water until al dente, about 8-10 minutes, or according to package instructions. Drain in a colander and run it under cold water. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled orzo, tomato, cucumber, red onion, olives, feta, and dill.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing (add olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper). Stir to mix well.
- Pour dressing over top of the salad and toss to combine.
How to serve this orzo salad: Serve this salad with some grilled souvlaki skewers such as chicken souvlaki skewers, lamb souvlaki skewers or souvlaki beef shish kebabs. Don't forget the homemade tzatziki sauce and Greek pita bread.
How to store orzo pasta salad: This recipe makes a big salad, so you may have some leftovers. You can store orzo salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up 4 days. You can store it together with the dressing or separately.
How to meal prep with this orzo salad: The great thing about this orzo salad is that it makes for some awesome leftovers that you can store in your fridge and eat throughout the week. Which also means, it's the perfect item to meal prep.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: mediterranean orzo pasta salad, mediterranean salad with orzo, orzo salad, greek salad with orzo, mediterranean orzo salad