Creamy garlic salmon is a quick easy one-pan meal ready in under 30 minutes, with seared flaky tender salmon tossed in a delicious creamy garlic sauce.
- 6 pieces skin-on salmon fillets, about 2-inches wide
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- Pat dry salmon fillets and season with salt and pepper. Set aside at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil for 2 minutes over medium-high heat until the hot oil sizzles. Sear the salmon fillets (skin side facing up first) for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden browned and fully cooked. When salmon is cooked, the flesh will turn opaque, and it will flake easily when inserting a fork. Transfer the cooked salmon onto a plate.
- Add butter, onion, and garlic to the same skillet, and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in cornstarch and mix well until combined, about 1 minute. Add wine and stir well to combine, about 1 minute.
- Add heavy cream, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Stir well and bring the sauce to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and keep stirring until thickened to a desired consistency, about 4-5 minutes.
- Return the cooked salmon to the skillet and spoon the creamy sauce over to coat.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, or a side of crusty bread. Drizzle with lemon juice and top with more Parmesan if desired.
How to store: Creamy garlic salmon can last for up to 3 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Allow the salmon to cool down to room temperature before storing.
How to reheat: Reheat creamy salmon with the sauce on the stovetop over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes until warmed through. You can also reheat in the microwave in 20 second increments until warmed through. If you are planning to reheat in the microwave, I If you want to reheat your meal in the microwave, I would recommend storing leftovers in a meal-ready microwavable container. That way, you can pop the whole thing in your microwave when it’s time to eat again.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salmon
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy garlic salmon, how to make creamy garlic salmon, homemade creamy salmon with garlic, easy creamy garlic salmon, creamy salmon with garlic