Classic chicken salad is a creamy delicious salad that is easy to throw together. It's the perfect side salad for a summer BBQ, potluck, or healthy lunch.
- 3 cups cooked chicken (about 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts), finely cubed or shredded
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- sandwich bread slices (optional, for servings)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients including shredded chicken, celery, green onions, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, paprika, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Serve as is over iceberg lettuce, as a filling in between sandwich bread or pita bread, or in a grilled cheese or quesadilla.
How to store: Leftover chicken salad will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. You should avoid storing chicken salad on bread since it will make the bread a little soggy. If you want to take it with you, consider putting a big piece of dry lettuce on both sides of the bread to protect it from the moisture inside the salad.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken salad, chicken salad sandwich, homemade chicken salad