Soft and moist, small batch chocolate chip pumpkin bread is the easiest fall treat, packed with fall flavours of warm pumpkin spice, pumpkin, and chocolate. | aheadofthyme.com
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (120 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (125 grams)
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or melted butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 1 lb. (8x4-inch) loaf pan with butter and cut out a piece of parchment paper (8x8-inch) to line the bottom of the pan and create a little handle on the sides. This helps remove the baked pumpkin bread from the loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar and pumpkin spice and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add pumpkin puree, condensed milk, olive oil (or melted butter), and eggs. Whisk together until even and smooth, about one minute .
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well with a silicone spatula to combine. Mix until all the flour is wet, and there are no dry flour particles visible. Make sure to scrape off any dry pieces from the side of the bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture into the parchment-lined loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes until the top of the pumpkin bread turns golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the loaf pan at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Note that the loaf will continue to bake slightly after being removed from the oven due to the residual heat in the loaf. Gently remove the pumpkin bread from the loaf pan. With the help of the parchment paper and a paring knife, it should be relatively easy.
- Cut the pumpkin bread into slices and enjoy.
How to store: Store pumpkin in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How to freeze: Let the pumpkin bread cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag or air tight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, place in the refrigerator or on the kitchen counter.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: small batch chocolate chip pumpkin bread, pumpkin bread with chocolate chips, pumpkin bread, small batch pumpkin bread