Shrimp fajitas are healthy, flavorful, and delicious. This one skillet recipe is loaded with shrimp and vegetables and is ready in just 20 minutes.
For the shrimp:
- 1 pound large white shrimp, peeled and deveined, and tails removed (if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
For the fajitas:
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed (juice from 1 lime)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 tortillas, corn or flour (optional, for serving)
- In a medium mixing bowl or ziploc bag, add shrimp, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and oregano. Mix well until evenly coated, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the hot oil sizzles, about 1 minute. Add onion, garlic, and bell peppers and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the seasoned shrimp and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Stir well and cook until the shrimp turn pink and is cooked through on both sides, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro, and mix well to combine.
- Serve immediately with tortillas or rice, if desired.
Make ahead instructions: You can season the shrimp and cut the veggies ahead of time. Store them separately in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 2 days (as long as the shrimp is fresh and doesn't expire beforehand). Once ready to cook, cook according to recipe instructions.
How to store: Cooked shrimp is best eaten fresh on the day it's cooked or the day after. You can store leftover shrimp fajitas for about two days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How to reheat: To reheat leftover shrimp fajitas, preheat a covered pan with a splash of water on medium-low heat. Add the shrimp and heat until warmed through, about 2 minutes. You can also enjoy leftover shrimp fajitas cold over Shrimp Taco Salad.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Shrimp
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: shrimp fajitas, fajitas with shrimp, how to make shrimp fajitas, mexican shrimp