Smooth, rich and velvety roasted carrot and ginger soup is the perfect vegetarian soup -- flavourful, healthy, and super easy to make in about 30 minutes.
- 3 cups garlic and herb roasted carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 + 1/2 cups half and half cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pumpkin seeds
- Ground black pepper
- Make a batch of garlic and herb roasted carrots. Chop up carrots and set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft and tender. Stir in ginger and cook for another minute. Add roasted carrots and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in a food processor or immersion blender. Pour soup back into pot and stir in the cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with cream, pumpkin seeds and ground black pepper.
- To thin out the consistency of the soup, add some water. To thicken it, continue to simmer until you get the desired consistency.
- Category: Soup
Keywords: carrot soup, ginger soup, vegetarian soup