Warm yourself up this fall with a big bowl of comforting pumpkin chickpea coconut curry with cashews. This curry is also vegan and gluten-free!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 and 1/2 cups pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 – 14 oz. can of coconut milk
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cashews, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté onion for two minutes and add ginger and garlic. Sauté for another minute until fragrant and onions are soft and translucent.
- Add curry paste and pumpkin. Combine and cook for another minute.
- Stir in coconut milk and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli and simmer for 5 more minutes, uncovered.
- Stir in chickpeas, cashews, and lime juice.
- Serve with cilantro on top.
- You can store any leftovers for up to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- You can substitute the pumpkin with butternut squash.